Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Leila cried out several times when i ran to her I didnt' know what had happened. No one saw anything but we think she and lucy were playing. Anyway she was not really opening her left eye and it was watering.
Well this morning it is better but she is still holding it funny , not really fully open like the other. I'm assuming she got it poked from lucy during play. I can't visually see anything though.
I am really worried.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Oh poor Leila, Louie will be upset that his girl his hurting :(

It sounds like Lucy could have scratched her eye when they are playing, or maybe it got knocked on something when they were playing?

Keep an eye on her (no pun intended!) and if shes still having trouble opening it properly i'd pop her to the vets. She may have a scratch on her cornea and may need drops

Oh and Louie says: "Pore pore Weila, I sends yhoo wots of kisses and cudles" xxx

·
Registered
483 Posts
hey maybe you should bathe it and if no better in like 2 days take her vets my shitzu had a problem with his eye, it kept watering and gunk coming out of it and the vet took it out to clean it and apparently it popped and he lost his eye si its worth checking on it and taking her vets if it dont get any better

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw poor Leila! I had something like that happen to my Pom and she was fine the next day. I hope Leila's eye is better. :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I hope she's ok hun...my gut feeling is she will be, a few times Oakley has got one of her eyes hurt playing w/ Trigger b'c hes so rough and her eyes are big and it was really unnerving fortunately she's been ok both times, took about 24 hours each time for her to stop favoring the eye. Let us know how little Leila is doing this evening...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maya used to get scratched corneas a lot. she had really big eyes and low to the ground. wind, dust etc. would really irritate her. We got some ointment and it really helped. Peachy has much less pronounced eyes so doesn't have that problem. Hope all is ok tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Glad shes looking better! These things happen, Reese got a claw to the eye as a pup when he was tormenting the cat...he let out quite the scream and I was so worried but he was just fine, sounds like Leilas is healing on its own too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts