Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a sample of Sissy's urine to the vets office because the vet said her pee was abnormally diluted and put sissy on anti-biotics for a week and to bring in a sample of the urine from the AM sample.

So i finally got the sample today and put it in one of my dad's empty drug containers, put it in a plastic bag and put THAT in a container in case it broke in the car the pee wouldn't bee all over the place. I got to the vets 30 minutes after. it was $50.00 for a urine test. The vet's assist said the vet would call back on monday with the results. So i left and went to the mall to window shop and picked up a new slide converter . I also checked out the dogs at the pet store. They have 2, 3 mth old chihuahua's in shop for $1,500 each. I held one because they both were shivering. Awww.

Then i went home where i got a message from the vet....... I called the vet back ASAP. The vet found blood cells in her urine. :sad5: So we're going back on antibiotics for 1-2 weeks hopefully that will fix everything. but the vet said that there could be a mass or something in the bladder. But for the time being we're going to pocket the $110 for xrays (for now) and try the antibiotics. I am worried about sissy a lot where i just broke down crying a few minutes ago.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I hope the antibiotics will take care of it. Please keep us updated.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Awww poor Sissy, Zoey had blood in her urine when she was little and it cleared right up with an antibiotic. Please keep us posted...

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Bella, Lina, and I send get well wishes to Sissy. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your responses. We got the antibiotics (which is a white substance) and have to give her 1/2 teaspoon morning and night for 14 days. Hopefully it will clear everything up.
But I am still worried. What happens if it doesn't work (again?) what happens if she needs major sergery etc? she is only 3 years old. (4 - April 30, 2011)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts