Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3 yr old 3 lb chi is not acting right
She’s constantly shaking ( never did before) she’s needy never was , she is eating her fresh chicken and treats but won’t eat her dog food which she always did
She is not spayed ( I was told she was too tiny) (but I’ll definitely do it soon )
and she’s due to go into heat any day but she’s never exhibited these behaviors before
I worry about pyometra but she doesn’t have any of those symptoms and her temperature is normal
Anyone have any ideas as to why my baby is acting like this !!
Im very concerned
Thank you !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dog's deal with pain different than people. Sometimes they won't act normal and avoid eating. My chi can act kind of out of it if his back is bothering him. You can tell if a dogs back is a problem by how tight the muscles are especially just forward of its pelvis, similar to our lower back area. If they are stiff lightly massage the back and rub it etc. Even their arms and legs can at times use a nice massage. This is especially so with older dogs. Shaking means one of 3 things I would say. 1 She is afraid of something. 2 She is cold 3 She has pain of some sort. Keep us posted what you find out. Maybe she would like a nice warm bath.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you
My guess is she’s cold
She’s very healthy and she’s been feeling better pretty much back to normal now ! I bought her different dog food and she’s been eating everything again !

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello, i'm new here. my chihuahua is 2 and half month old and she's eating Chalk. i think she need Calcium but i'm steel worryng, if anybody know why is she doing it please help. thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts