Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a raw supplier locally (well about an hour away but my dad/brother travel that way once a week to take my nephew back to his evil mom), so they could pick it up so I could save on shipping. Just wondering if any of these would be good:

Beef in a bag (Green Tripe, Heart, Liver, Kidney, Lung, Spleen, Trachea, Gullet, Tongue, and cheek meat) AKA Beef Green Tripe Extreme

Sheep in a bag (Green Tripe, Heart, Liver, Kidney, Lung, Spleen, Trachea, Gullet, Tongue, and cheek meat) AKA Lamb/Goat Green Tripe Extreme

Beef Organ Mix (approx 55% liver, 20% kidneys, 20% heart, 5% spleen)*

Mixed Proteins Ground: It will contain Beef and Lamb, and may contain Buffalo, Elk, Venison, Antelope, Wild pig (in small amounts), Goat, etc.
Mixed Proteins with Organs and Bone (Liver, Heart, Kidney, Pancreas)*

They also have:
Ground lamb/goat with or without bones/organs.
Ground Beef with or without bones/organs

Their prices are reasonable so I am really considering getting some. They come in 5 lb chubs.

Also have a rabbit supplier who does grinds as well as whole rabbits from kits on up to about 8#, thinking of maybe trying some kits. I just want to start offering more of a variety to my crew.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would try any/all of those grinds! They look good. I'd feed them a couple times a week just as variety. I probably woudn't feed them every day, as I don't know what their ratios are as far as the 80/10/5/5. But I would certainly use them as a supplement to your regular prey model menu.

The one that has tripe in it would be a hit with Brody - he loves tripe.

I wish the beef organ grind didn't have heart in it and had more of a 50/50 mix with liver and spleen/kidney, but I would probably still use it.

I'd ask them if they know what the ratios are on the ground beef/lamb/goat that has meat organs and bone. If they are grinding the whole animal, then I'd definitely get it.

The rabbit kits sound great also. Remember that most prey animals are lean with very little fat. So balance them out with a fattier meal before or after. Dogs need fat for energy. :)

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Wow you have quite a variety/list
available to you!! Dahlia loves raw chicken
and did great with raw beef chunks/chop steak.
Ohhh Zoey she knows how to get to you!! LOL.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'm excited to have found it. They make the food just for raw feeding :) I am going to ask if they know what percentages are in their grinds.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah, I'd definitely find out about the grinds. I love the ones we get from hare-today but if you could get the same w/o the shipping price--SCORE!! The beef/sheep in a bag sound good too. I'd want to know more a ratio as well since there are organs in there. But I'm sure they'll be a hit with the tripe! You're lucky to have found a place like that so close! I'd love to find a sheep green tripe or something other than beef so Mari could have it. She loves tripe but the beef makes her sick. :(

Good luck & let us know how you make out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts