Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a newbie :)

I have a 5 year old chi and she has horrible teeth. I brush her teeth daily, she eats a 6 star grain free dog food, EVO. I have tried litterally every chews, treats etc... out there and she WILL not chew them.... So she gets NO scraping on her teeth except when I brush. She is so so so so picky and WONT touch raw bones of any kind!

So I took a little sample of a dental food, its like a round ball the size of a big marble, brought it home and she put it between her paws and chewed on it untill it was all gone, she was really scraping her teeth :):)

I found out the sample I got was Hills Prescrition Diet T/D Small bites, and
This is the one unfortunatly :(:(
http://www.hillspet.com/products/prescription-diet/pd-canine-td-small-bites-canine-dry.html

As you can see the ingredients are total crap, whole grain corn, soybean etc......

My dog eats EVO and I would NEVER EVER normally think of feeding her Hills or Science diet.

But this is the only thing that I have ever found, she will acctually chew and scrape her teeth on.

Ok heres my question:confused:

If I feed my chi one of those food balls a day, will the benifits of it scraping her teeth outway the bad food ingriedents that are going into her body????? She would be eating her EVO as usual, but just one food ball a day for teeth.....

Sorry I am torn, I just never wanted to put S/D Hills into my little babies diet.

Sorry if this was long lol

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I personally would not worry about this, one small kibble a day of this other food will not harm her, she is eating a good diet otherwise.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KittyD, I was kinda thinkin the same thing, if she only eats one ball a day she should be OK, but I am afraid of the chemicals in the S/D HILLS food to.
I am such a worry wort when it comes to my little chi. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts