Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Amber do you have weighing scales at home to weigh you and Jordan?

You can get a rough estimate by jumping on yourself noting you weight then jumping on holding the pup.. work out the difference and thats their weight?

I have kitchen scales i can also use.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Amber do you have weighing scales at home to weigh you and Jordan?

You can get a rough estimate by jumping on yourself noting you weight then jumping on holding the pup.. work out the difference and thats their weight?

I have kitchen scales i can also use.
Hahahaha, yea..I do that:) But it just like rounds their weight up because it doesn't measure in small enough units..if that makes sense..Haha

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Amber, I think that scale would work. What you may need to do though is buy a small thin plastic box that you might put letters in or something and cover the bottom of it with cabinet liner. That way you can put your pups on that and its more comfortable for them to sit on while you weigh them. Either the scale should have a zero feature that will void the weight of the box or you can subtract what the box weighs to get their exact weight. I used velcro on the top of the scale/bottom of weigh box so that it didn't slide around or make it a scary experience =)

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amber, I think that scale would work. What you may need to do though is buy a small thin plastic box that you might put letters in or something and cover the bottom of it with cabinet liner. That way you can put your pups on that and its more comfortable for them to sit on while you weigh them. Either the scale should have a zero feature that will void the weight of the box or you can subtract what the box weighs to get their exact weight. I used velcro on the top of the scale/bottom of weigh box so that it didn't slide around or make it a scary experience =)
Oooooo, good idea..I never thought of that! Thanks for the advice! Last thing I want to do is petrify them with the experience!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts