Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, since my chihuahua is getting a little older I’m wondering if this type of harness is alright for her to wear. I’m fearful of the buckle hurting her neck and cause her to get trachea collapse. That’s the main reason I’ve never walked her with just a collar. Especially because she gets feisty around other dogs that bark at her. She just takes off and I hate putting any tension on the leash, I don’t like pulling her back towards me. I always end up running with her to prevent myself from pulling on the leash and hurting her. If I don’t run with her I just hold onto the leash until I can reach down and pick her up. One of my questions is does pulling her/hold the leash when she tries to run and bark at another dog hurt her? Does anyone have any other harnesses they recommend? This is the one I use and am worried about it hurting her. It’s not tight around her or anything. Fits just how it looks in the image

·
Registered
28 Posts
It depends how that fits on your dog
I have tried mesh harnesses that show on a fake dog they arent on the trachea when i got it it ended up being on my dogs throat.
I use Step in harnesses and they dont bother my chihuahuas throats (i have 3) at all and they cant slip out of them.
I would not yank your dog back when she acts like that, it will likely encourage her to continue that behavior probably making it worse especially if she is hurting when you do that, adding more aggression to that situation will make it worse.
I will upload a pic of harness , the pic of that one on the dog appears not to be right on the throat so it may be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
IMG_1672.jpg

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

Under the buckle there is two flaps that overlap via Velcro
So it’s extra support and it’s so the buckle is not on their skin
I got them from petco, so far these are my fav harnesses ive gotten them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,270 Posts
..try looking at a 'Buddy Belt' (Buddy Belts |) ...I love it...and many others here have one too. they last and I have never had any issues with choking my doggies...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can you please tell me where I can purchase this exact one? If possible can you email the information:
[email protected]
Thank you so much. I have been looking for one like that, but couldn't find one. Torchy Massie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts