Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a companion dog show being held today in Ely Cambs which is an hour away for me,

I was all set to go but the weather forcast for the afternoon there is heavy rain and the classes don't start till 1pm.

Do I go and risk the weather or stay at home, what would you do?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am undecided, I could go and if the weather does get too bad just come back, its not like I have much else to do today and an hours drive for me is local compared to the hrs I used to drive for events.. lol

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You could kick me in the stomach and you still couldn't wipe the smile off my face .... and Jakes

I thought what the bing and decided to go, then I thought something was telling me not to

I made about 10 trips from the house to the car as I kept forgetting different things, then the Sat Nav would not work.. while fiddling with my Iphone the sat Nav came ot life..

Finally at 11.10am we set off.

But then... 4 times on the journey the Sat Nav went off.. totally blank... finally it packed up just as we arrived at the venue but the journey with having to keep stopping took an extra 30min.

So we finally arrived approx 12.35pm.

I entered the Pedigree class forgetting Jake had been neutered so we came nowhere, it was funny watching the judge tring to find jakes little bits.. lol

Next was the Puppy class, big class and we came.... nowhere

The third class we entered was Best Conditioned, out of 31 dogs we came....... 5th

Weeeeeee way to go Jake......

The fourth class was the Waggliest tail and there was 30 dogs entered and we came ... nowhere

The fifth and final class we entered was for the best trick... Jake did a roll, high five, clap and talked.. out of 7 dogs we came.... nowhere

Mind we were up againts a dog that skateboarded, one danced backwards aroudn the owner and another picked up 5 little trays put them in a bucket and then brought the bucket over, pushed a pram and fetched a doll.. So we were up against very strong competition..

So out of 5 classes we had a fantastic time, Jake was amazing with people and other dogs and protected me from a cross Alsation.

"Don't touch my mummy" he told the dog and growled and barked until the alsatian took notice lol

The sun was blazing hot all day and me and jake enjoyed a lovely ice cream, I was gonna get a hot dog but the queue was huge and after 15min of it not movign I give up...

I went and got a cheese roll that was smaller than my hand and a small biscuit and nearly fell over when I was charged £2.10... I should have made my own.

Then I shared my biscuit with Jake...

We have had a great day and Jake came home with his first ever rosette and a bag of goodies.

I will get a photo of Jake with his rosette later today after he has rested coz h esi very tired after a long day..

I love my Jake.... what a super star.

Sorry I am still soooooo excited after a great day out.

Deme x x x

Then

·
Registered
881 Posts
eee well done :) companion shows are tough so many dogs in every class. iv seen that dog before with the pram trick shes always at the companion shows... this will be you hooked now.
cant wait to see the pics xxx

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dog with the pram was a sheltie and the owner was an old woman, is this the same one? A very cute dog and it was fun to watch it.

When Jake did his clapping the crowd loved him and all I could hear was lots of aahhh's,

In the prettiest bitch class I was well surprised, there was two dogs that outshone the rest yet never got placed and 3 of the 5 that did get placed to me looked nothing special. Just goes to show the best dog don't always win

·
Registered
881 Posts
haha yeah thats her the poor dog has cancer :( she got a 2nd place at canine capers last year and stormed out the ring saying that it has cancer :S lol
yeah some placing are questionable and at the end of the day its the judges choice, we somethings think they have pick a bus driver waiting to go on his shift to judge lol usually when we are being bad looser's :p

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a fantastic day you had Deme! So glad you went!! Jake was a star! :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just looked at your profile and seen your quite close to us, hopefully see you at some companion shows over the summer, most of the ones we do are in northampton. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts