Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:oops: The cat jumped up on the chair that Bijou was sleeping in and Bijou went on the ATTACK :twisted: !! She took a mouth full of hair out of my medium haired cat, Snowflake. And she meant BUSINESS, snarling and growling... I'm shocked. This is her favorite cat, too. AND...Bijou had her bottom front teeth removed less than a week ago, her long canines and all the tiny ones in between :shock: . She's living up to her name 'Carpet Shark' :roll: . Get it, a shark that lives on carpet instead of in the Ocean (many people don't understand the term :lol: .

Is there anything I need to do? I don't want her to be nasty to anything! I have 3 cats and they all 3 have full sets of claws :? so she could really be "biting off more than she can chew" if you know what I mean :lol: .

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
With OmaKitty and Cooper, I made sure Cooper knew Oma was dominant over him to avoid situations like that. It's pretty easy to do with one cat... I dunno about three. LOL

Basically, let the cats do everything the dog's doing first. Walking through doors - cats go first. Feeding time - cats eat first. Greeting the animals - always greet kitties first... and so on. It worked beautifully with Cooper... he always waits for OmaKitty now and I've never had a problem with any aggression towards her.

It also helps tell your kitties that they ARE the dominant ones so they don't feel uneasy about putting the dog in his or her place when puppy gets out of line. And the claws won't come out if they're giving a warning shot - even Oma keeps hers in when she's warning Cooper. And that says a LOT. LOL

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still shocked at what she did. She always gets along great with this particlular cat. Come to think of it she pulled this exact thing on a male Burmese at a retirement home when he climbed up to her and started washing her face :lol:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Re: Wow! Three month old Chi takes mouth full of hair from c

Bijou said:
:oops: The cat jumped up on the chair that Bijou was sleeping in and Bijou went on the ATTACK :twisted: !! She took a mouth full of hair out of my medium haired cat, Snowflake. And she meant BUSINESS, snarling and growling... I'm shocked. This is her favorite cat, too. AND...Bijou had her bottom front teeth removed less than a week ago, her long canines and all the tiny ones in between :shock: . She's living up to her name 'Carpet Shark' :roll: . Get it, a shark that lives on carpet instead of in the Ocean (many people don't understand the term :lol: .

Is there anything I need to do? I don't want her to be nasty to anything! I have 3 cats and they all 3 have full sets of claws :? so she could really be "biting off more than she can chew" if you know what I mean :lol: .
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Carpet shark!,,,, :sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

That is new to me and fits Jolie EXACTLY! :shock:

Is there anything you need to do? Yea,,tell the cat to stay away from Bijou's "spot"! Or else she'll have a "bald" one,,,"spot", that is.
BAH HAHAHAHAHA! SNORT! COUGH! CHOKE! Ahumph! (clearing throat) Cindie made a funny... :shock:
:toothy7:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts