Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered Jaxx a new antler last week and it arrived yesterday. I had ordered the small one but the one I received is not small. I would say medium or large would be more correct. His last one was a lot smaller than this one.

Is there any reason he should not have a larger antler? I have not given it to him yet although he grabbed it last night when I mistakenly left it on the couch and carried it to his bed and he whined for a few minutes when I took it away. It is not big enough that he can't get his mouth around it or carry it around but I am just worried since it is much bigger than his last one is there any way that he could do damage to himself with it?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The ones that we get that I think are too large we saw in half. I am always surprised that even my little one can carry around an antler the size of her leg, though! haha!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I first saw it I thought that there was no way he could even carry it but he surprised me when he jumped up on the couch and took it back to his bed.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
When it comes to antlers, bully sticks or even chew toys I prefer to give Chanel
larger ones. Reason being is the larger the chew the less risk of choking. So no I
would not worry about the antler being a little bigger than what he is used to. I
do recommend however that you always supervise your pup with any chew, no
matter the kind or size, always better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Antlers are really, really heavier than any other chewie I have given so if it is too large (like on wag,com, petite antlers are 3"-5" and are 1/2"-3/4" in circumference) they will have difficulty carrying it or holding it.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I do not know if you saw this but this video is of my 3 with the "petite" antlers from Happy Dog of Cape Cod. They are about 4" long. That is about as long as I would be comfortable. These things are heavy! The split less heavy than whole. I did not ask which you got.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Haha, I love that video Karen, your girls are so sweet. :)
Eden's ears are really out of this world, lol, very cute!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Karen, that video is awesome. They are all just minding their own business, going to town on antlers!! I'm gonna have to get JuJuBe one!!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
yeah tillie is ALWAYS having pippi's "big girl chews" as i call them! LOL she can carry SO MUCH!! like the other day she picked up and carried a slightly deflated basketball! LOL x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts