Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot thank you enough for introducing me to the world of bully sticks.

I took Godric to the salon today and was browsing while he got his nails trimmed and figured hell why not so I grabbed a couple bully springs and when I was checking out the lady laughed and said my pups weren't going to make any progress with them.

My camera is dead but they're going to town i'll post pics later. It's more entertaining for them than the chewies they'd been having, and they loved them!

These stink, but if they keep my 2 out of trouble i'll take it!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha, nope. It's the strip that runs from the hoof to the ear. I believe.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Actually they are 100% Bull Penis'
Bully sticks, also known as beef pizzles, pizzle sticks, beef sticks, steer stix, are made from 100% bull penises. Bull penis is a single ingredient of bully sticks. Some suppliers and merchants say that they sell bully sticks made of "beef tendons" or "dried muscles" as that part of the anatomy is a tendon and muscle indeeed, and this may sound less repulsive for some people with psychological barrier thinking of feeding bull privates to their furbabies.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, I was told it's some part of rawhide who knows.

Heather would know for sure though so there you go. My monsters are chomping down..well, yeah.

It's not so bad really, the smell isn't bad and the entertainment it provides is priceless.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Wait a minute... hoof to the ear??? There's a strip that runs from hoof to ear?? =S

Lol, I was trying to picture that in my head.... lol.
Anyway, mine love bully sticks, especially the Buffalo ones. I remember reading for the first time that they were actually penis, I swear it was that day that I finally noticed how much they smell... haha. But I agree, it's worth it for the chew they get out of them and I wouldn't want to try the "orderless" ones because I read they put something on them or they go through some processing to become that way.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco just LOVES the Merrick Flossies...they are the corkscrew type and he can hold on to them while he chews.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I kept reading about these on this forum so when I went to get Lily and the cats food I asked if they had them. She showed me them and I picked one up and smelled it. I probably looked like a fool. When it didn't have any odor at all I told the lady I thought they are supposed to smell bad. She told me if the urine isn't all drained out that's when they smell. Unfortunately I can't get Lily to chew on ANYTHING. I wish I could find something she likes to chew to keep her busy while we are out to help with the separation anxiety.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I kept reading about these on this forum so when I went to get Lily and the cats food I asked if they had them. She showed me them and I picked one up and smelled it. I probably looked like a fool. When it didn't have any odor at all I told the lady I thought they are supposed to smell bad. She told me if the urine isn't all drained out that's when they smell. Unfortunately I can't get Lily to chew on ANYTHING. I wish I could find something she likes to chew to keep her busy while we are out to help with the separation anxiety.
Try a little natural PB dabbed on it to get her started that's what it took to get my girl going on chewies and she inhales them now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Try a little natural PB dabbed on it to get her started that's what it took to get my girl going on chewies and she inhales them now.
I did do that a few times. I have even tried Cheez Whiz. I am totally stumped. She won't chew on any kind of bone/chew. I keep buying different kinds but no go on any yet. She just takes them and burries them where ever she can.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
My two love them, I always have a bunch on hand. Glad your little ones are enjoying them! :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
My girls love them, the only thing that bothers me about them is sometimes when they've been chewed on for a while long soggy strips hang on the end and the girls have that half down their throats while trying to chew it off. I usually just cut it off and pass it back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts