Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a “what would you do” question for you all. I bought my Pippin online from a breeder in the next state. She has a website and has great testimonials, I even emailed 2 of her previous buyers with good reports. Her kennel was just inspected by AKC and passes at 100% this summer. I picked out Pippin from photos when he was just a week old and she sent me new photos every week. We agreed to meet at a halfway spot so I could get him. So, we met her on July 31 and got his health records and his CKC papers and she said she would mail his AKC papers. It’s now October 4 and I STILL do not have his AKC papers. This is what she sent me on Aug. 2 when I emailed her about getting them:
“AKC, yep...I checked the part on his guarantee that said his AKC would be mailed. I ended up needing to get the sires DNA profile done because he is considered a "frequently used sire" now, as soon as it gets back then the puppy papers will be sent.”
So I waited. Emailed her again in September and this is what she sent:
“AKC papers are getting taken care of, I'm almost done...I am currently waiting for AKC to send me back Alexis' (Pippin’s Mom) papers so I can get the certificate issue date off of it and then they will finally register his litter...thank you SO much for your patience!!”
So… my Pippin is 4 months old now and still paperless. I wouldn’t have paid what I did for him without the papers and I wanted to do obedience with him, which I need papers for. What would you do? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Well unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do. The same thing happened with Zoey, I was supposed to get papers on her, I paid "show dog" price for her, and she is 5 years old and I still don't have her papers, I really don't care one way or another as Zoey wasn't breedable, and can't do obedience/agility because of bad knees. You can do obedience with him without papers you have to file for a ILP #American Kennel Club - Purebred Alternative Listing/Indefinite Listing Privilege

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I would go directly to AKC and explain and ask what the holdup is.
They are terrible at helping with disputes but you may get an answer.
If I were you I would tell the breeder she has 21 days to produce the papers
and if she doesnt you are taking her to small claims court.You can get a lawyer to
write a nasty letter for a fee.If that doent do it I would put the word out on her
tactics on craigslist or your website if you have one.It only takes 2 weeks to get AKC paperwork.
Thats how long it took for Dahlia anyways not months!!
You gotta scare this "breeder" into getting straight.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I would email this AKC & ask her exactly what is going on? Am I or am I not getting papers? When can I expect them? If you can't supply me with papers, I am due money back as you have paid top dog for this Chi expecting papers! Tell her you're more interested in the papers than getting money back, but if she can't give you them, then you want your money. See where that gets you. Let us know. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
The thing is the testimonials could be fake and even contacting the people they could be friends, you just don't know. It does sound like you have been done as it doesn't take months to get papers.
You could write to her offically, keep a copy and send the letter registered and give her a time limit to get the papers to you or you will seek legal advice and follow through.

It is bad that people can do this and they should not be allowed to get away with it.

I wonder if you sent negative feedback if she'd put it on her site.. I doubt it lol

Hope things work in your favour.

Deme x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts