Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved a cheque for the full cost of Nemo plus the vet surgery waved all call out fee's etc. I just have to say I can't recommend them any more highly they are a great insurance company, I had only paid 2 monthly payments and they were so quick with everything and I didn't have to pay a penny for anything. At least now I have the money for my new pup in Nov :) and we've pretty much already sorted out the garden etc :)

Sarah

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sadly I think they're only in the uk, they cover everything and one of the only pet insurances I've found where ur pet is insured for life whatever plus no excess. plus they were really quick with everything

Thats the policy below and I only paid £14.39 a month no excess

1 Veterinary fees £7,000
1 Complementary treatments £750
1 Referral to behaviourist £250
1 Cremation / burial expenses £100
1 Dietary foods £200
2 Third party liability £2,000,000
3 Emergency boarding kennels and cattery fees £750
4 Daily minding by someone other than kennels or cattery £750
5 Advertising costs £1,000
5 Reward £500
6 Theft or straying £1,500
7 Accidental death £1,500
8 Death by illness £1,000
9 Holiday cancellation £2,500
10 Accidental damage to own property £750
11 Quarantine costs £1,500
12 Loss of Health certificate £250
13 Repeat tick and worming treatment Covered
14 Emergency expenses abroad £300

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
that is a great deal. I was gonna just sick with petplan as i have the first 6 weeks free form my breeder but I think I will change to M+S

How do you go about the it tho. Like if you go to the vets to you get a reciept then send it to m+s or do you have somethign to show the vet so you don't have to pay?

*vicky*

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Usually u pay and the insurance company pays you back but thats usually down to the vet some demand immediate payment, but u give them the paperwork and they fill it out

Sarah

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
M&S look really good, I'm planning to insure Lexi with them in the next week or so. :)

I think it's really good that there's no excess, £50 excess was in the very fine print of tesco's pet insurance or i'd have probably just gone with them. I think that's quite sneaky making it so hard to find!

So glad you got your money though :wave:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sarah im so pleased that youve sorted that side of things out. You can now start looking to the future and getting your little Chi :D
M&S should pay you commision as i think im going to have that insurance for my pup. It seems such a good deal! :wink:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Sorry I took so long to reply. I was quoted the same price. I applied online and never got any confirmation. That was ages ago so I sent an email and I have still not heard anything. So and there open only til 6pm so wil call them tomorrow and see what the deal is. Maybe I just input my email address wrong or something. Who knows.

The answer to your question anyway.... I dont pay excess either :)

*vicky*

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for the tip Sarah. :) I am so glad they sorted everything quickly for you, and that you have your money back for your new babe later in the year..

They quoted me £18.42 even though I am only 3 miles from you :?: .

I also tried Argos Insurance, you do have to pay the first £50.00 access, but they are really really cheap, so will have a good look at that one too :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
theres bound to be something there in the US for you aswell. You should just surf about and check what you can find on google. Or if you know of any good insurance companies check and see if they do other things like 'pet insurance' aswell. you'll be suprise that some companiea do that you never even though would

I totally love Yoda by the way :lol:
*vicky*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts