Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Chis is on Ziwipeak now and I'm really happy with it so far especially with MoJie...no more running poop..They are really like it too...Thank you all for your help ...:)..

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
That's great Moni! I'm glad your crew like it. Mine find it pretty yummy too! It's such a great food! :)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Yes they love it :) And it doesn't work out as dear as it seems as they eat a lot less of it than other foods.

I was wondering last week on another ziwipeak thread if they liked the venison and fish version, as it was the only one in 5kg packs (which I break up and freeze into smaller portions as it works out a good bit cheaper) well I bought it and they love it as much as the Venison or Lamb :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yay! That's so great to hear. ZiwiPeak is awesome. (I'm thankful we have little dogs instead of Mastiffs. ha)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I wish Pip liked it as much as your dogs :( I struggle to get her to eat it!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
;) So glad you're still loving it as is your crew! Ya, I agree...thank goodness for little dogs! haha BTW, we got the venison/fish last weekend & my pups love it as well. I find the stink less offensive as lamb. I don't really have a weak stomach...I'm pretty tough as far as that goes. But for anyone wondering - if you can stomach the lamb you can stomach the venison/fish. :D

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
;) So glad you're still loving it as is your crew! Ya, I agree...thank goodness for little dogs! haha BTW, we got the venison/fish last weekend & my pups love it as well. I find the stink less offensive as lamb. I don't really have a weak stomach...I'm pretty tough as far as that goes. But for anyone wondering - if you can stomach the lamb you can stomach the venison/fish. :D
I actually think the Ziwi lamb and the venison smell kinda good. Lol! I mean not good as in yummy I want to eat some, but for a dehydrated raw it smells kinda good. Lol! Better then kibble....yuck! ;)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I actually think the Ziwi lamb and the venison smell kinda good. Lol! I mean not good as in yummy I want to eat some, but for a dehydrated raw it smells kinda good. Lol! Better then kibble....yuck! ;)

LOL...yeah, something about the lamb just turns me off for one reason or another? I actually like the venison & venison/fish! And the wet ZiwiPeak...love that smell (short of the tripe LOL). But I'm weird...I like the smell of wet dog food anyway. I'm a weirdo I guess! haha

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
LOL...yeah, something about the lamb just turns me off for one reason or another? I actually like the venison & venison/fish! And the wet ZiwiPeak...love that smell (short of the tripe LOL). But I'm weird...I like the smell of wet dog food anyway. I'm a weirdo I guess! haha
Ugh,tripe! :( How our dogs gobble it up is beyond me...yuck!
I haven't tried the venison with fish yet. I give them fish oil already, so do you think giving them the venison with fish would be to much fish? I just ordered a bag of venison so maybe I'll give the venison with fish a try next time. :)
Yes, according to my husband and son, I'm a weirdo too! Lol!! :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Ugh,tripe! :( How our dogs gobble it up is beyond me...yuck!
I haven't tried the venison with fish yet. I give them fish oil already, so do you think giving them the venison with fish would be to much fish? I just ordered a bag of venison so maybe I'll give the venison with fish a try next time. :)
Yes, according to my husband and son, I'm a weirdo too! Lol!! :)
Hmm, I dunno about too much fish. All the ZP's have fish oil added anyway plus the wet has a bit of flaxseed oil. I haven't been adding fish oil since starting it to be honest. Not sure if I should or not since it's already in the mix? Hmmm....

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Heather do you mix the ZP wet with the dehydrated? Mine love the Venison and Fish dehydrated. I never thought about trying wet too.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yeah, well I just toss a tbsp or so in with the dehydrated & about 2oz of water. I don't really mix it per say. Keeps them interested & I can add a little more variety in there as well. I also think it "bulks" it up a tad as well since they're basically getting an extra days worth of food (in wet) a week. For some reason they were getting a wee bit skinny on just the dehydrated alone in what they suggested feeding. So that helps. :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Hee hee...I don't mind the venison smell as well. The girls seem to like it the best to! Oh....the girls love the canned venison, but oh....yep that tripe smell royally makes me gag lol!!!! Soooo nasty. But hey.... Definately worth it no matter what:)

Lori

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Another ZP fan, Zoey loves it. I only give her small amounts at a time as she likes it when it is fresh. I used to just leave some out and when it sat out she would not eat it as it wasn't as fresh. I free feed with Orijen as well.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Another ZP fan, Zoey loves it. I only give her small amounts at a time as she likes it when it is fresh. I used to just leave some out and when it sat out she would not eat it as it wasn't as fresh. I free feed with Orijen as well.
Kay, Brody was the same way! He loves his Ziwi but only if it's fresh. I learned that the hard way when I accidentally left the ziplock undone and it dried out a little. Nope, he wouldn't eat it. So now when I buy a bag I portion it out into ziplocks, squeeze all the air out, and stick them in the freezer. Then just grab one out of the freezer when I need it. Works great!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Is Orijen a kibble-type food or what? Looking at the ingredients online it looks really good!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Ok, I don't know how you can stand the smell. Fortunately mine didn't like it beyond day one. I got so worked up on the smell that what didn't bother me the first day, started to bother me the second and by the third day, I was literally gagging and holding my breath alternately trying to feed this food. SOmething way too rich and "organ-like" in that food that just turns my stomach. I am shuddering at the thought.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts