Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no clue this section even existed. lol. I'm excited about it, though!

All 5 of my dogs are on a raw diet, and they LOVE it. They have such nice shiny coats and SO much energy.

I just wanted to share my excitement for finding this section. Haha!

:hello1:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Hip Hip Hooray!!! Another raw feeder!

I didn't know you fed raw Jessie! What do you follow?

We are doing prey model here. An occasional pre-made (Stella and Chewy's) and some ZiwiPeak on occasion. I must say, I LOVE meat shopping! :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
:D My (almost) 13yo asked me the other day at the grocery store, "why do we always spend so much time in the meat section?". Who knew MEAT could be so exciting?! To bad she doesn't think so... LOL

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
:D My (almost) 13yo asked me the other day at the grocery store, "why do we always spend so much time in the meat section?". Who knew MEAT could be so exciting?! To bad she doesn't think so... LOL
Bwah ha ha haaaaaaa!!!! Hilarious! I love meat shopping too.

I had a coupon so just splurged on some bison organs for Brody. Got liver, kidney, pancreas, and thymus. He hasn't had pancreas or thymus before. That should be interesting! Oh, and also got a lamb liver. And a bison heart, love that red meat. He hasn't had that either. I went crazy meat shopping. Can't wait to get it.

Bison Organ Meats, Glands, & Bones

I also ordered some of their pre-made just to try it ....

Raw Pet Patties

Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Oh that place looks great! The pet patties look pretty good actually...pricey but good! What the heck is thymus?? I'll have to look that one up... LOL

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Thymus is also known as sweetbread. Ugh, I would never eat it!!! But I hope that Brody finds it tasty. :) I'm excited to get some variety in his organs other than liver and kidney.

Sweetbread - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right now we're feeding the Primal and Bravo chubs. I want to switch to prey model, but we need to figure out where to get our meat from and I also want to get an extra freezer.

After feeding raw, I could never go back to kibble. Having 4 chihuahuas who use pee pads throughout the day, it's nice when they have tiny little odorless poops to pick up!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Right now we're feeding the Primal and Bravo chubs. I want to switch to prey model, but we need to figure out where to get our meat from and I also want to get an extra freezer.

After feeding raw, I could never go back to kibble. Having 4 chihuahuas who use pee pads throughout the day, it's nice when they have tiny little odorless poops to pick up!
Awesome!! I have a bag of Primal venison in my freezer now that I use occasionally since we don't know any hunters and venison is such an awesome meat.

Have you looked at Hare Today, Gone Tommorow for variety? They have lots of nice grinds and even better - tripe - which is Brody's favorite! :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yes, what Tracy said! We get a lot from hare-today...the grinds are a life saver having so many pups to feed (saves a lot on the thought & preparation process). We still do lots of bone in stuff as well but don't have to worry so much about organ content. We just add a bit extra every now & again but they get most in the grinds.

Last time we ordered we got the sampler pack. Love having that much variety (we got 10 different things with the same sampler) but the pork, chicken & beef are the least expensive grinds (run about $2 per pound). They also have 5lb tubs of green tripe, pork & beef trim that are super reasonable! May be worth looking in to if you're interested in going prey model at some point. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts