Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my mom flew in this week, and after about 3 or so minutes of barking and skittering around the house in a panic they calm down and decide she's not too bad - this is both a record, and exciting for us.

Gretel OF COURSE is the lovey dovey one and immediately heads for the first lap she can find. Godric was sketchy as always dodging around but eventually he decided he likes her attention, and this morning I woke up to find him burrowed in the blankets on her air-mattress, with her.

The only thing, they like her just fine during the day - but every morning it's like they forget and start barking at her (even though she let them sleep on her?) i'm going to just guess that it has something to do with her hair? During the day it's pulled back but she sleeps with it down? It's waist-length so I can imagine she looks like a different person to a little pup, who knows what they think.

Anyway, vacation is going great - mainly why i've been so absent, just popping in to say hello and goodbye.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My first Dobe did that with my sister - had to get to know her all over again every morning when she was staying with us. At night, if Sis would get up to go to the bathroom, Casey would just stand in the doorway of the dogroom and watch down the hallway until she went back to the guest bedroom. Glad the vaca is going great!

·
Registered
477 Posts
hahaha ... they are so funny! My dogs greet my son every morning when he comes to visit. They don't forget who he is, they just have to greet him with a lot of barking.

I had my hair up in big pink rollers one time, many years ago, and walked outside and our dog came charging up to me, barking up a storm. She recognized me as soon as I spoke to her, of course, and flattened out on the ground like she wished it would open up and swallow her. She was so embarrassed that she barked at mom!

Jeanette

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too funny! Glad it's not just my crew.

They're getting better at the pajama barking in the morning (sheesh maybe they're telling her to get a tan?) but I took her yesterday and we cut her waist-length hair up to her shoulders so that threw them for another loop and they had to re-meet after some extensive barking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts