Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, and in fact I'm new to owning a chihuahua. I have wanted one for a very long time, and I finally was able to adopt/purchase a long-haired puppy from a local farm. She is 8 weeks old right now, and she is the most adorable puppy that I have ever seen in my life. I love her to death. Her name is Elvira (we got her in October, and she has a song from the 70's about her. LOL) My husband did not want a small dog or a female dog, but I just brought her home anyway and now he loves her as much as I do. Unfortunately I got a job interview the day after I brought her home, and now I have started working. 15 months of unemployment, and I have to get a job right after I get my new puppy! UGH! Luckily my teenage boys and my friend are puppy sitting her when I can't be there. I will post lots of pics soon.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Welcome Christy, :)
Tell me something, is it safe to get puppies from farms in Florida? Here it seems the word "farm" is mostly associated with puppy mills.
I'm hoping it's not your case, I'm just asking out of curiosity.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum :D
Congratulations for getting a new chi and on your new job
make sure to post photos soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This definitely was not a puppy mill. They call it Foxwood Farms, but in reality it is a horse stable. They don't raise puppies professionally as they are in the horse business. There is a lady who lives there and works for the owners who has her own chihuahua named Bella (who is super cute & sweet). The owners happen to have a chihuahua named Paco who they rescued, and he is the daddy. I was lucky enough to have a close friend who keeps her horses at this barn, and I was able to pick out Elvira when she was only six weeks old. My friend got to see her everyday & check on her until she was big enough to leave her momma.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts