Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so excited but he is definatly not impressed! any tips on getting him to like it? i tried putting a treat inside but he grabbed the treat and ran! :roll: i managed to get a couple of pics of him in it hopefully not the last or i'll have to sell it :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Roxie loves being in her carrier! I think its about making it their safe environment, maybe he will like it more when you take him out in it and he sees he can hide in there.
I put Roxie's blanket and a toy in for her.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hiya,

Great bag!

Guess I'm lucky cos Scruffy LOVES being in his carriers.

I have one in one corner of the room on the floor and whenever Scruffy wants to nap, he always chooses to go in there instead of his bed lol.

Maybe it would help if you leave it open on the floor like I do and he can explore it for himself?

All else fails...I'll have it if its a good size... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks everyone.
ive been leaving it on the floor and he wont go near it! i'll keep trying otherwise i'll have to sell it! :cry: :cry:
he such a pain with any clothes as well - i put him in his jumper today to go for a walk because it was raining and he wouldn't move, just sat still on the wet ground :roll: so i took it off and he went trotting down the street really happy...lol - he obviously doesn't mind getting wet! :D

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Awww...what a sweety...how old is he and how big is he? He looks ickle!

I love his little soft face!

Scruffy was the same when I put his lead on or a jacket - it just takes perseverance!

Good luck with it!

:wave:

·
Registered
872 Posts
thats bc i think dogs prefer to go inside carriers that are more like
http://www.catsplay.com/sherpamilan.jpg
http://www.catsplay.com/pego_jet.jpg

that are more crate-ish, then like a bag, they have less room.
as long as he is okay with being carried inside of it when you go out, i don't see why it'd be a problem if he doesn't like it to just lay in.

I have one carrier for LaLa that is shaped more like a tote bag and she refuses to just lay in it, but she's perfectly fine in it during a car ride, or shopping.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awww...what a sweety...how old is he and how big is he? He looks ickle!
thanks ...Hes 5months on saturday, his age ladder at the bottom is wrong it says 4months 1week :roll:

i think he weights about 4llbs now he was a little less than that the other week when we went to the vets. by the weight charts he should be about 4 1/2 fully grown but he seems to be growing quite quickly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
holly&peanut said:
I was so excited but he is definatly not impressed! any tips on getting him to like it? i tried putting a treat inside but he grabbed the treat and ran! :roll: i managed to get a couple of pics of him in it hopefully not the last or i'll have to sell it :cry: :cry: :cry:

I bought Lucy the black and white bag, she and I BOTH love it!! Try strapping him in and walking around the house with him in it (worksbest when they are a little tierd).I left Lucy's out on the floor so she could explore it herself too. I think that once they realize getting in the carrier means they are going out with you they begin to love it. If I just touch the car keys both my dogs run to the bag (or try to jump into any purse near by ,lol since I use several different bags for them).Here is in a pic of Lucy's far off in the corner.

Lucy is asleep on my lap and I wouldn't even THINK of waking the princess to go take another pic :roll:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I don't want to discourage you or anything, but honestly, I have had problems with the Juicy carrier myself. All the charms and the weight of the zipper make mine hard for me to zip, and Halle definitely prefers the new one I bought her for 25 bucks (go figure!), since it is bigger and there is more mest to let in more light.

If you wanna give it a good college try, though, I would just carry him in it every day for 1-2 weeks and see if he doesnt just get used to it. And of course make sure he has a familiar smelling blanket and clothes in there with him.

Good luck!

·
Registered
169 Posts
TareG said:
I don't want to discourage you or anything, but honestly, I have had problems with the Juicy carrier myself. All the charms and the weight of the zipper make mine hard for me to zip, and Halle definitely prefers the new one I bought her for 25 bucks (go figure!), since it is bigger and there is more mest to let in more light.

If you wanna give it a good college try, though, I would just carry him in it every day for 1-2 weeks and see if he doesnt just get used to it. And of course make sure he has a familiar smelling blanket and clothes in there with him.

Good luck!
LOL! I hate to admit it but Lucy's absolute FAVORITE bag is a $12 Petsmart one. My dog is still a puppy so she may still grow out of the Juicy one :( I guess because she is less then 2lbs I have no problems with weight and my zippers work fine.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts