Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, Yogi is being neutered on Wednesday & I am freaking out a little bit. I have to leave him at the hospital Tuesday night & I really don't know how he is going to cope! (or how I am)

Yogi is a funny little thing, he is not a real lap dog, but likes to be near me all the time & is extremely protective of me & my kids. I went out with my girlfriends to the movies last night & when I got home he licked my face like crazy which he never really does & OH said he had been a bit sulky that I wasn't home.

He has a few other odd little quirks, like he doesn't like to eat with anyone watching, he will usually tolerate me, but no one else & is quite shy of strangers.

I am sooo worried about how he will go being in a strange place over night. My poor baby boy, I hope he does not refuse to eat his dinner or he will not have anything in his little tummy for 24 hours :(.

OK I am just stressing & needed to "talk" to someone who would understand ;) sorry for sounding like a paranoid, over-protective Mummy!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw bless him! He missed you while you were away! I know how sick it is to leave our babies to get surgery done! Thankfully both Shayley & Kizzie were in and out on the same day! Over night is so hard :( Praying for his quick recovery though!!! :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Melissa,
I said a prsyer for Yoshi for wed that his neuter will sail like a breeze when I lit my sabbath candles this evening. Here in the states you dont have to stay overnight anymore for a spay or neuter. I will be praying Wed that your little guy will not be to stressed. Can you visit him ?

Tori
Yoshi is very handsome as are your other chis.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I was very worried about my Lion when he was neutered at 6 months... I didn't have to leave him overnight, but I was worried sick all day. He was very sleepy when I brought him home, but acted normal the next day. Don't worry too much! I am sure Yogi will sleep most of the time he is at the vet anyways.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your good wishes & prayers. Yogi is such a special mummies boy & I really do worry about him when I'm not with him :(

Usually the local vets here don't keep dogs overnight for neuter or spays. We take ours to an animal hospital that does a lot of work for low income & elderly people's pets and also has many emergency cases so they are very busy & it is easier for the pets to be admitted the night before. I find they have a LOT more experience with small dogs though & so I use them religiously, they saved Bella from very unnecessary exploratory surgery when she was a few months old so they have my business for life.

Vicsta55 - Don't worry about it. If you knew me IRL you would know I am terrible with names & so I am completely unoffended lol. Your Sparkles is a cutie by the way :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Melissa,

Another Aussie here:)

I know how you feel. My little boy, Tango, is due to be neutered on Wednesday also. I am freaking out too, and he doesn't even have to stay overnight, thankfully, like your little fellow. I don't think I could handle that.

I actually had him booked in for it back in March but he got quite sick with tonsillitis and it took him several weeks to get over it. So now he is nearly 11 months old, older than I wanted him to be when I got it done but it couldn't be helped. I really just want it to be over.

I wish you and Yogi good luck on Wednesday:)

Jen

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Jen,

Where are you in Australia?

Best of luck for little Tango today, he is a cutie.

I dropped Yogi off last night & am now just waiting for a call to say I can pick him up. They said it would be around lunch time.

Waiting.............

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'm sure he's missing you but he will be fine. Lincoln got done a while ago and you couldn't even tell he had, that night he was running like an idiot. -.-

Praying that all goes smoothly tomorrow update us on how it goes

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi everyone.

Yogi is home now and doing well. He was starving and has kept down a little dinner and is now sound asleep.

He has been a bit naughty chewing and licking at his stitches so is stuck with a plastic collar for a week or so which he is NOT impressed about lol.

Thanks again for everyones kind words and thoughts :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts