Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've had two Yorkies. They are really good, sturdy little dogs. They are terriers, so they can be stubborn. Can be yappy too, but if you teach them not to bark, they're fine. They are really intelligent little dogs and have a lot of heart. Very high maintenance coat, especially if you wish to keep it long (like I did). They need to be brushed daily and bathed weekly. If you skip brushing, they start matting and then you have to cut the hair. The "silky" hair is easier to maintain, so buy from a reputable breeder who breeds close to standard. Cottony hair is almost impossible to maintain and has to be clipped short or else the poor dog is miserable. They are truly beautiful dog when well kept. I would get another one is a minute if hubby wasn't allergic.

·
Registered
706 Posts
i have had two in the past and much prefer the long haired chihuahua. imo much cuter and a much better personality. i call yorkies belly button dogs...everyone has one :) if i have zoey in a pet store and there are 4 yorkies there she always gets the attention, a lot of that is the cutest dog i have ever seen, and everyone asking what kind of dog she is and the surprised look on their faces when you tell them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a yorkie and she was a wonderful dog. Yorkies don't shed so that was a bonus. She was very friendly and very smart. She lived to be 13. We reallly miss her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts