Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little girl! Long story short... We ran across this baby and could not believe her age and size. She was in a bad situation where she was with a family that had 4 little girls that were very rough with her and she has even been stepped on once. This is what the guy had to say about her...They did not know his female was pregnant and she had a singleton puppy and they did not think she would survive. He kept her in a crate with her mom nursing forever and supplemented some. Said she looked like a tadpole and for the longest time he did not think her back legs would develop properly, she would drag herself around with her front legs. She has been doing better and has strength in her back legs for a couple months now and he has decided he needed to rehome her as he was afraid the children were going to kill her. I have given it great thought and prayer and after having a vet where she is look her over and a long discussion with my vet the what ifs, etc...we decided to take her on.

Now for the reason for the vet and disbelief. She was born January 29th, she is 5 months and a week old. She is 10 oz right now, 3 to 3 1/2 inches to shoulder (she is a wiggle butt so hard to get an exact) and 4 inches long base of neck to base of tail. The photos make her look bigger than she actually is. I showed the photos to my vet before taking her to him yesterday and he said even though she looked small in the photos she is twice as small as the photos depict her. I for the longest time did not believe this guy it is so hard to believe but my vet confirmed yesterday that if we were to go by her size he would have guessed her at a tiny 8 to 10 week old but her mannerisms, actions tell him she is an older puppy.
I would have been much more comfortable if she was 8 to 10 weeks.

She is such a well adjusted baby though, healthy appetite, fearless, no loud noises scare her, she is pee pad trained already, she is very attentive, observant, sleeps all night long and a little spitfire, LOL Oh and she squeaks when she barks or makes a noise and if you are not close to her and it quiet you will not hear her....She is a living DOLL! We are so in LOVE with her and feel so blessed to have her in our lives.

I know I said long story short, sorry I rambled...Welcome our new little girl

Gidget...

On sissy's lap on the way home

size comparison

another size comparison(remote and smallest dishes I could find for her)

Size small ferret dress that is still a bit big, LOL

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Oh, Michelle, I am completely head over heels in love with your new baby girl!!! <3 Of course, you know I love her name! Please keep us updated with lots of pics. She is just a living doll. :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my goodness. That is THE SWEETEST puppy!! Did you pay for her? Too bad she had a rough start, but I'm sure she'll be happy with you! :)
Yes sadly did have to pay for her. However his female is spayed now so at least I wasn't supporting a breeder trying to breed for a tiny. However you could tell that money was pretty important to the guy :-( I did talk him down a bit on her though.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, Michelle, I am completely head over heels in love with your new baby girl!!! <3 Of course, you know I love her name! Please keep us updated with lots of pics. She is just a living doll. :)
We were trying to come up with a Japanese name to keep with the theme but hubby said Gidget and we were all immediately sold :) I love the movies and own all of them :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She is absolutely adorable, Michelle! Congrats on your new baby! :) I know Yoshi and Chibi will make great big brothers.

I'm still very much convinced that he lied to you about her age. But whatever happens, I know she has an awesome family! xxx I'm just happy you got her out of the place she was. You have given her a chance to live. You are her Angel. <3

Congrats again my friend on your precious new baby! :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is absolutely adorable, Michelle! Congrats on your new baby! :) I know Yoshi and Chibi will make great big brothers.

I'm still very much convinced that he lied to you about her age. But whatever happens, I know she has an awesome family! xxx I'm just happy you got her out of the place she was. You have given her a chance to live. You are her Angel. <3

Congrats again my friend on your precious new baby! :)
I still have my doubts from time to time too, I guess time will tell. I just want her to be healthy :) Thanks so much for your help while I was making my decision. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I still have my doubts from time to time too, I guess time will tell. I just want her to be healthy :) Thanks so much for your help while I was making my decision. :)
Yes hun, and the main thing is that you love her. She couldn't have found a better home. She's going to be a tiny tike whether 8 weeks or 5 months. She still even has her puppy pudge through her mid section. The short legs, everything just rings young puppy.

It makes me so sad that people are so desperate for money that they've taken to doing these types of things. :(

You're more than welcome! I'm here anytime you need me. As I mentioned, PM, email or phone. You can even come visit me. :D

I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Keep me posted. xxx

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Aww Michelle, what a sweet little munchkin! I know she'll be very well loved,
cared for and treasured by you. She's super cute, looks like a sweetie pie too. :love2:

You'll have to post pictures & update us on her progress! Please. :)

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
what a wee little darling...I am so glad she came into your life, she will be safe now....no matter what her age she is beautiful :angel11:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts