Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were driving to pick up my daughter from school. Her school is about 30 minutes away. Yoshi wouldnt drink any water before we left and he pottied before we left. I took my t-tops out, something I have never done with him in the car, but I was trying to conserve gas by not running the air conditioner. We sat and waited on Kayla at school for about 10 or 15 minutes and Yoshi was acting normal. It wasnt real hot today only about 78 degrees. Kayla got in the car and we were off, Yoshi was sitting on her lap after being very excited to see her and he was closing his eyes as if he was asleep while his head was up (he does this sometimes) next thing I know he peed on Kayla while sitting on her lap. We were baffled! A few minutes later he crawled up on my middle console near my purse and acted like he was going to curl up in my purse and instead he pead in my purse???? We put him in the floor board because he started to smell like he needed to poo to. I pulled over about 10 minutes later when I found a spot and he peed forever, and then peed two more times along with pooing once and then he seemed fine.

Yoshi has always been able to hold his urine and this has never happened and usually he lets me know when he has got to go. I gave him some Karo syrup just in case and when we got home he didnt drink any water? He is back to his old self now, but does anyone know what would cause him to act like that? afraid of T-tops being out, to hot for him??

He is almost 5 months old, and 2lbs 4oz.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Comments?

I was hoping to get somebodies opinion or advice on this????? :wave:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Maybe he was just to hot or maybe scared ?

Can I ask what is a ' t-top' ??

Sometimes if there worried they can get upset and poo/wee etc
Maybe he wanted to pee/poo before you left and was being a good boy
and holding it but just couldn't wait any longer & got himself in a state .

How is he today ? he eating & drinking ok ?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acting normal

He is acting normal today and even after it happened. A T-top is glass inserts on top of some sports cars mine is a Trans Am it is kind of like a convertible top but not really.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That is strange... I agree though; maybe he was just frightened that you took the roof off the car LOL
Or maybe ... hmmm... maybe he did need to go potty but wasn't sure how to ask. Or MAYBE he just wanted to give you something to ask on c-p.com!!! :lol:

Fizzy's mum... if you've seen Smokey & the Bandit, the car that Burt Reynolds is driving had t-tops... basically, you remove the roof over the front passengers' heads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts