Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His teeth were looking pretty bad again so he is having them cleaned today. This always makes me nervous. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Will be keeping Yoshi in my thoughts. I'm sure all will go well. Keep us posted. :) x

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Prayers for Yoshi being lifted up at our house.. Please keep us updated on his procedure and homecoming today.. Blessings, Deb

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Vet just called and said that he did really well and they cleaned up nicely and none had to be removed. He is just waiting for him to get up move around and get some water. He said I should be able to pick him up around 2pm :)

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Wonderful news.. so happy he will be on his way home shortly..

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wonderful news! I'm glad he'll be home with you soon! :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! I cant wait to pick him up :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Oh boy.... I think Ivy will be next! Do u brush Yoshi's teeth and or use those dental sprays etc. I do that but Ivy's teeth are just sooo nasty. She gets so much more tarter than the Fern and Willow. Her breath is just nasty!! Why do some dogs have such nice teeth while others don't. Drives me nuts!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So happy it went well!
I was actually wondering, how do you know when your chi's teeth need to be cleaned?
Is it a risky procedure?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Usually bad breath gives it away but you need to check them every so often. A badly infected tooth can affect the heart and cause medical conditions.

Lori, I clean them but not as much as I should. Yoshi is very poorly bred and has always had issues with his teeth. Chibi on the other hand hasnt had any issues and is just now starting to get a little plaque and some odor.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I wish Yoshi a speedy reccovery! Beleive it or not I swear by the dental chews by pedigrtee and never had a problem. I also used to use dental wipes and my chis never needed a dental.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I am glad he came home healthy and with clean teeth (((HUGS)))

1 - 16 of 16 Posts