Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know what took me so long, but I finally decided to draw a portrait of Yoshi ^_^

Here's my reference picture:

And here's the portrait:

I did kind of a rush job on the back end of her body :p My main focus was her face, chest, and front paws. This is going to be the starting point of my website (yet to be developed), fuzzyfaces.ca :D Now that I'm done school, I'm going to do portraits! Hurray. Now I need to do a painting of her ^_^

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you ^_^ Um, I still haven't worked out how much to charge. It would depend I guess on the size that you wanted and how many figures are in the picture (like if you wanted you and your chi, or two chis, etc.). Normally people just tell me what they want, and I give them an estimate based on how long I think it will take. For just a face, like 8x10, probably $30. For a whole body, maybe $35. For you and your chi, that would take a lot longer, so maybe ... $50? What do you guys think? What's reasonable?

·
Banned
870 Posts
You're very good at that! My best friend is an artist, also incredibly good I'll add, and I've been begging him to do a portrait like that when we get Yoshi... (^_^) I'm gonna take him out to dinner or something for it, cause that's how he likes to be paid. lol

Keep that up! And those are definitely reasonable prices! Art is very expensive, especially if the artist puts a lot of time into it. And most of the time it's worth it!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Awesome.. my brother is a fantastic artist but only does what he "wants"..which doesn't seem to include my pets!! lol Great talent.

My son has promised to give it a go.. I'll see if his comes up anywhere near what you've produced. I'd sure love a pencil sketch of the boys.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts