Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just a few of the things in the last few days that made me realize I am a dog lover. Note, this is not a joke, though it is pretty funny if you stop and think about it. So I am a dog Lover. Are You?

*You find a dog hair in your coffee, pick it out and drink it anyway.

*You buy 4 different brands of dog food for your pooch, and cook him a hamburger when he won't eat any of them.

*You know your vet's number offhand, but not your husband's cell phone

*You call your friends and actually spent a few minutes discussing the size and consistency of your dog's last bowel movement.

*You accidentally refer to your kid's pediatrician as "the vet."

*You spend more time grooming your dog then yourself. And more money on grooming products.

*You accidentally call your child by the dog's name

*You consider pet hair and drool a fashion accessory. Who needs earrings?

*You call your babysitter and ask how the dog is behaving.

*You've considered claiming your dog on IRS returns.

*You have a digital thermometer with "DOG" written in permanent marker.

*You have your vet's number on speed dial, right above your mother's.

**You count your dog in your nightly prayers and blessings and kiss him goodnight, wishing him sweet dreams.

Love, Stacy

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Fantastic, I found myself saying yes to all of them.
My kids even say the dogs come first, which is not true I love them all the same. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You Might Be A Dog Lover If....

How about:
1. You call home from work and when your husband answers the phone you say "how's my baby?" :D and your husband knows you're talking about the dog.

2. Your dog has more beds to sleep in that you do.

3. Your dog has more clothes than you do.

4. The dog has his/her own website.

5. You come home from work and say "There's my baby!!" and even your husband knows you're talking to the dog.

6. Your husband calls you at work to tell you about something cute that the dog just did.

7. You lose all sensation to your right arm because the dog is sleeping on it and you don't want to disturb her nap.

8. You go to bed because it's past the dogs bedtime.

9. You keep the camera close at hand because the dogs might do something cute and you don't want to miss a kodak moment.

10. You realize that you have begun to plan your activities around the dog's schedule.
:)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Sachem said:
That is not so crazy, is it?? I work at the IRS and I actually put a suggestion in the suggestion box that works like this:

-Taxpayers get a break for spayng and/or neutering no more than 2 pets. You can only take the deduction once every three years.
-Taxpayers can deduct petcare, to include yearly vaccinations and surgical procedures (other than sterilization) up to a certain amount (I suggested $1500).
-Taxpayers that volunteer their time at an animal shelter (or any other charity) can take a small deduction (would require a form similar to the W2 to track time spent).

I think it's BRILLIANT! Plus, if you can deduct your human kids, shouldn't I be able to deduct mine, since I don't have the human kind? I should also get a deduction for not contributing to the human overpopulation! :D

Oh, and by the way, I think Cinide was talking about me
4. The dog has his/her own website.
Cooper also has his own business cards. (OmaKitty, too)

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Sachem said:
*You call your friends and actually spent a few minutes discussing the size and consistency of your dog's last bowel movement.
~ I do this but i don't talk about his poop I talk about how his sleep was and how he was try'n to hump Jemini

*You accidentally call your child by the dog's name
~I've called my sisters Jemini or puppy or jamoka

~ MANY OF TIMES! I think we should there just like kids! they need clothes ,vet,food,meds,houseing,babysitters,daycare,i mean come on!!!

*You have your vet's number on speed dial, right above your mother's.
~ Yes i must admit

**You count your dog in your nightly prayers and blessings and kiss him goodnight, wishing him sweet dreams.
~I do kiss him good night

*You call home from work and when your husband answers the phone you say "how's my baby?" and your husband knows you're talking about the dog.

~I do this but "my husband doesn't answer"

*The dog has his/her own website.
~Yes , This applys to everyone here

*You come home from work and say "There's my baby!!" and even your husband knows you're talking to the dog.
~ yup!

* You lose all sensation to your right arm because the dog is sleeping on it and you don't want to disturb her nap.
~LOL that's me but i lose it in TWO places b/c of Jamoka and Jemini

* You go to bed because it's past the dogs bedtime.
LOL YES! I know when it's there bed time , or when there sleepy and leave places b/c there tired

* You keep the camera close at hand because the dogs might do something cute and you don't want to miss a kodak moment.
~ yea!

* You realize that you have begun to plan your activities around the dog's schedule.
Yea! looks like i'm a chi lover! :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I actually had an in-depth conversation with someone yesterday about what I'd need to do to be able to deduct Lily as a dependent and get a tax credit for her daycare expenses. When it started to sound too much like fraud I decided not to pursue it. :lol:
I have asked all over the IRS... to my disappointment, you can only deduct livestock or domesticated animals that are used to make money (breeders, ranchers, etc). I think that's a complete bucket of hogwash. OmaKitty is therapy for me - she's the best psychologist I've ever had.

Cooper is dining and entertainment. I take him to "business lunches" I have with friends and he is part of the deal.

It's a crock. I should be able to deduct my medical and business expenses.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i thought all those things were normal behavior too :lol:

i have done the coffee thing before...and my husband and i call each other when Chico does something funny. he gets about 10 calls a day from me :D

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Oh, I'm an addicted dog lover all right - and I LOVE it!! :lol:

I was getting ready to take my grand-daughter to school yesterday morning after she had spent the night, and she asked me if "S.R." was going. I looked at her strangely, and said "Who is S.R.?" to which she replied "It's initials". Me - "what initials? For who? What are you talking about?" GD (laughing) - "they're for Jazzy and they stand for spoiled rotten." :lol: Now my whole family is calling her S.R. ....

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
chimom said:
Oh, I'm an addicted dog lover all right - and I LOVE it!! :lol:

I was getting ready to take my grand-daughter to school yesterday morning after she had spent the night, and she asked me if "S.R." was going. I looked at her strangely, and said "Who is S.R.?" to which she replied "It's initials". Me - "what initials? For who? What are you talking about?" GD (laughing) - "they're for Jazzy and they stand for spoiled rotten." :lol: Now my whole family is calling her S.R. ....
Out of the mouths of babes, as they say. All our chi's could be called S.R. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I know that I am a dog lover because I just spent the entire day yesterday killing my back redoing my yard so that I could have everythign fenced in so that Gadget could be with me and not on a leash....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts