Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Target today and found these kids Halloween socks in the front in the $1.00 bins. So anyone that has a young puppy that doesn't fit into clothes yet, or if you have a super teeny adult, this is a great idea. I just cut the toe out, and cut arm holes. Now Jadey Wadey has a costume. :D

If you can sew, you can even hem the edges to look nice.

Maybe this should go in the crafts section?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can't beat $1.00! They have all kinds of patterns in the $1.00 bin. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
What a cute idea! This would work for Paige too. Target here I come!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great idea!!
Ill keep an eye out for some for Dahlia!!

PS--Have you ever tried doll sweaters for Jade?
I am expecting one in the mail today.
If it works I can see if they have more.
I have heard some mention doll sweaters, but I haven't tried them. The little sock sweaters work great for her, and they are real simple. She tries to pull them off if they are loose and bulky. :lol:

I can't wait to see Dahlia in her's! I bet she will be SO cute in them! :D Let me know how you like them, and I'll look into it. :)

What a cute idea! This would work for Paige too. Target here I come!
Yeah, they work great! They are simple, easy, and they can't walk out of them, or pull them off. :)
Post pics when you get them, k.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure Wal-Mart will have them. Look in the kids section. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
What size of sock did you buy for Jade? She's just a bit bigger then Paige. Also, how do you know where to cut the leg holes?

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks ladies! I wanted her to be able to have a costume, and this works perfect! :D

What size of sock did you buy for Jade? She's just a bit bigger then Paige. Also, how do you know where to cut the leg holes?
I'm not sure if they had sizes. There were a bunch of different kids socks in those $1.00 bins that are usually right when you walk in the store. Since Paige is still so young, and growing, it might not fit by Halloween. Jade is over 6 months old now. But there are many other patterns that you can get that she can wear now. I got a Minnie Mouse pair too that I'll show you guys. :)

I cut the leg holes about 2 1/4" down the sock on the underside.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ooops, it's Mickey, not Minnie. :lol:

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Hehe! Mickey Mouse, how cool is that!
What a teeny little cutie too.
Cant stop looking at the pics.
Adorable. x

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ooo what a bargain! Triton wouldn't fit into socks anytime soon lol. I don't even think he would have as a puppy when I got him.. lol

·
Administrator
7,248 Posts
ahhhh t that is wonderful it looks great what a brilliant idea jadey looks all set for trick or treating lol

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you ladies! I looked at a few costumes, but they would have been like putting her in a Halloween blanket instead of an outfit, so the sock idea worked out great. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you Claire! :) Her little sock sweaters work perfect!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rhonda, how did the doll sweater work out? Any pics?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts