Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls have beds in their kennel room and I took one we had upstairs in the living room down there so that each has a bed although the double up.

I want to get a small bed for upstairs in our living room just for them to use for lounging and napping. My pattern is to just buy another like to one I took down. It is this one:
Slumber Pet Dimple Plush Nesting Beds -- Dog Beds | PetEdge.com

I thought before I just ordered another of those that I would do a quick poll here of your fav small bed.

Now that the Martha Stewart ones come in just one size, they are too big for the area this one will be.

I appreciate your thoughts/links/pictures!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Those beds look cozy!

They each have a bed in the living room. Penny's is a round pink snuggle bed and Lion's is square. They prefer the other's bed over their own.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

I should have added that a couple of mine are sherpa eaters so while I love these, they are out. I even had to buy a throw for their car seat because it is sherpa covered.

I, for one, must be a weirdo. I will be glad when my girls are not puppies. I was used to an older dog. These chicks are crazy!!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have to say, you are lucky they sleep in a bed. Mine's favorite lounge and nap spot is my lap. lol But if they like to snuggle together, you should get one big enough for both of them to share.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I am sitting they ALL want to be in my lap! I want them used to being with (on) me and also indeopendent. If, as an example, I have guests over or I am busy cooking or such I want them to learn to self-soothe.
Do not be fooled, though, I often carry 2 around/on me at a time in a sling!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody's favorite place to hang out and nap is on the couch burrowed in a throw blanket. I had multiple beds but he never seemed to seek them out for a nap. He LOVES his tiger dreams snuggle sacks and will crawl into those, but as for napping in a real dog bed - he doesn't. ;)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i keep 3 beds by the picture window, ( each one is a different kind) and when the sun comes out thru that window , they all 3 each get in a bed. its the sun that they love the most... i think wouldnt really matter which bed was there. but they really do love the slumber pet dimple bed. i'm curious, which size do you buy? do they all each have there own small one, or do you buy the next size up so they can snuggle together?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
You know I've been searching for new beds as well, for the new condo, I feel like I've tried everything.
I'm looking forward to what others will suggest.
Meanwhile I was browsing some doggie beds online and came across this...

The Arctic Bed

I envy the dog that sleeps in that!:eek:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I got two of these beds recently from a lady on Etsy. It's a cover for a standard size pillow that also has a sleeping bag like cover they can crawl into or lay on top of. Taz was sleeping in a ferret sleep sack laid on top of a small bed until I bought her this one. Charlie mostly sleeps on top of his.

·
Registered
894 Posts
My lap! Lol.

They have a few beds, but never sleep in them, including a Martha Stewart bed. The only bed they sleep in is the cat bed I got them at Winco, lol. It had a different pillow in it, but I switched it to a sherpa pillow. They do dig in it sometimes, but they LOVE it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
My girls only have one bed. They love to snuggle together and they're normally on me on the couch. They also sleep in bed with me. They rarely use the bed they have to sleep in, but they love playing in it.

Here's the girls sleeping in their bed

Here's the link to where I got it
http://http://amzn.com/B0042RUREG

I've seen similar style beds at petco.

·
Registered
894 Posts
How big are your girls?? I like that bed! All the ones at Petco/Petsmart in that style seem so small. That one seems like a good size.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How big are your girls?? I like that bed! All the ones at Petco/Petsmart in that style seem so small. That one seems like a good size.
Lily is 6.1lbs. She's all legs. Olive is 4.6lbs. It's a great size bed and is bigger than the ones at petco but it's not huge, it's just right.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I have a few small beds for the ones that like to sleep by themself. And a few bigger ones for the ones that like to cuddle. Invariably, one that wants to be by himself will jump in the biggest bed. lol I just get mine at Walmart or Petsmart if they have a sale, they dont really care what name is on the bed or the shape. :)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Beds have been banished until Willy and Finn quit marking their territory, despite all of Mom's efforts. They get blankies on the floor!

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Beds have been banished until Willy and Finn quit marking their territory, despite all of Mom's efforts. They get blankies on the floor!
I feel you pain. lol Hopefully you can get them sorted soon. My two puppies go in to be neutered next Monday. I'm hoping that will at least slow them down a little.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts