Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
5,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met my niece for lunch yesterday and over a glass of wine we put the world to rights!

My niece is a very gifted hairdresser and would like to pen her own shop at some point in time.

I was saying how I would love to open quaint a little shop called something like "Spell Bound" that would sell crystals, Tarot cards, angel figures etc.
I would also offer Tarot & oracle card readings there as well as Spiritual healing. Maybe one day ;)
Really though, I was just day dreaming as I wouldn't want to work in a shop all day!

So....Do you ever dream of running your own business? Something special and dear to your heart?

Barbara x

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I think my business would be a boutique/hotel/spa for canines. Something real fancy, but reasonably priced. I'm sure they have these types of business already so I would have to think of something special to make mine stand out from the rest.:)
This gives me something to daydream about today;)

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I want to (whenever we have the money...) go to school for a Veterinarian Degree and do whatever else I may need to do to open my own veterinarian office/kennel. Also being able to house strays and re-home if I am able to read up more on that and make it possible. I need to do a lot of research yet to find out all I need to go through, licensing, etc. But I have wanted to be a veterinarian since I was little, and seeing all the animals needing help, I want to have an open home to those who need it.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I would like to own a boutique for small breed dogs selling all the hard to find (size-wise) items. I knit and have created several sweaters for Lily already. I would carry beautiful hand knit sweaters, dresses and the like made from luxury yarns (think cashmere, silk, etc.).

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I want to (whenever we have the money...) go to school for a Veterinarian Degree and do whatever else I may need to do to open my own veterinarian office/kennel. Also being able to house strays and re-home if I am able to read up more on that and make it possible. I need to do a lot of research yet to find out all I need to go through, licensing, etc. But I have wanted to be a veterinarian since I was little, and seeing all the animals needing help, I want to have an open home to those who need it.

Just DO IT!! I wanted to pursue that dream too but never did. Please go for it if you really want it!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
What an interesting thread!! Id love to be a makeup artist and im going to go to college to study and hopefully get my degrees in september :)

Aside from that, having a botique full of pretty things for chis and other animals would be heaven.

And obviousley if I had lots of money, Id definately open a animal sanctuary but thats a far fetched dream unfortunately :(

xx

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Something with plants and fish. I like to be surrounded by living growing happy things...And I could handcraft various other items as time permitted. It would be aso nice.

I think I'd include crystals and other 'collectable'/magikal type stones and herbs as well.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Just DO IT!! I wanted to pursue that dream too but never did. Please go for it if you really want it!!
I've been looking into school more the past week. My big thing right now is we do not have the money for me to go to school. I am trying to get some type of financial aide, but because I'm under 25, my parents income is still the basis of how much money I get, and last time I sent something in, my parents were making too much for me to really get any help. And asking my parents for help s out of the question, I already owe them enough...

I am working at it though!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'd love to do something with animals too but not sure if i can without qualifications so really it all comes down to money! But other then that i've always dreamt of owning a cupcake store HAHA! problem is that i'd want to eat them all!!!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I've been looking into school more the past week. My big thing right now is we do not have the money for me to go to school. I am trying to get some type of financial aide, but because I'm under 25, my parents income is still the basis of how much money I get, and last time I sent something in, my parents were making too much for me to really get any help. And asking my parents for help s out of the question, I already owe them enough...

Can you claim yourself as independent? I had to do that when I was 22 and in school. My mom didn't make enough money to pay my way and live and take care of my younger sibs. It was painless enough.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Possibly a doggie boutique where I could sell handmade clothing and accessories. I'm actually seriously thinking about this since I am going to start sewing and have been crocheting and knitting some simple things. I have a lot of patterns I have just bought and I just have to practice, practice, practice! I used to sew, crochet, and knit quite a bit when I was younger, so I'm a bit rusty. But once I get started, the knowledge should all come back to me!:D

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Well. After winning a multi-million dollar lottery jackpot, I want to buy this crappy motel I work at. The owners are ridiculous. They care about money, and call JUST to see how many rooms are occupied. I'd give the manager a $2 raise, and 2 weeks paid vacation. I'd offer all other employees at least 1 week paid vacation and give anywhere from $500-$1500 bonuses during Christmas (We, including the manager, only get $25).

I would also want to own several houses, at least 1 apartment complex, and a movie theater since the one here has two small crumby rooms.

When I wont be out making sure all my property and businesses are being taken care of, I'll be at home with my field full of chihuahuas, labs, and poms.

:)

L

·
0 Posts
I would love to have a doggie day care. My older son and I have discussed it many times. It's scary because he's a veteran and I have excellent credit, so we could probably borrow the money to start it! There isn't anything like that in my area, so it might be very successful. I could handle the business side of it easily and he could provide the muscle. We have always thought it would work.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
My dream job would be to open an animal rescue/refuge for all the unwanted, abandoned animals. It would of course be no kill. Attached to that I would also like to have a doggie daycare and spa, boutique and homemade pet food business. I know, rather lofty goals but I think it may work.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ideally, I'd want to just be an investor and live off my interest income ;)

Hmm... as for a business... I wouldn't want to own any retail establishment, because I can't stand retail.

I want to go to Africa and be a wild animal photographer. Hehe. Or one of the people who gets to raise a litter of lion cubs and release them back into the wild. I'm always soooo jealous when I watch TV programs about that!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

I can relate to pretty much all of that! Well, not the under 25 part :). Really look hard for scholarship money - there is cash to be had in places you wouldn't think of - like women's groups (garden clubs, etc.). Just keep at it and don't give up if it is what you truly want. I wish you the very best!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Possibly a doggie boutique where I could sell handmade clothing and accessories. I'm actually seriously thinking about this since I am going to start sewing and have been crocheting and knitting some simple things. I have a lot of patterns I have just bought and I just have to practice, practice, practice! I used to sew, crochet, and knit quite a bit when I was younger, so I'm a bit rusty. But once I get started, the knowledge should all come back to me!:D

Cool - you're in Clearwater! My parents live in Tampa and my in laws are in Dunedin! I grew up in Tampa and visit as often as possible. Sorry, a bit OT!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I wouldnt really like to own a Business, But if i did it would be anything to do with Helping the helpless be it People or Creatures Young or Old.

I also would love to do Wildlife and Scenic Photography, but again, id prefer to do it as a hobby and for my own self being then as a job.

My Mums would be just like yours Barbara :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts