Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I came across this BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT little chi girl on puppyfind.com, which is where I got both of my chis. The breeder seems to have really good references, and I've fallen in love with this chi. Here are links to her pics...please let me know what you think:

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_photo/?breed_id=38&list_id=8q7iaa088t&img_id=f92348a126&back=&sid=0444fed683ceac08d28f80412d178df4

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_photo/?breed_id=38&list_id=8q7iaa088t&img_id=774ttb9a7e&back=&sid=0444fed683ceac08d28f80412d178df4

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_photo/?breed_id=38&list_id=8q7iaa088t&img_id=19p4z30319&back=&sid=0444fed683ceac08d28f80412d178df4

Looks like she is going for $395, which I'm guessing doesn't include shipping. DOes anyone on this forum know of that medicine type thing that you can give to dogs so they don't get sick when they fly on the plane? I used to know this one breeder who gave all of her dogs that before shipping them, and she swore that it made her dogs not get sick. Thanks you guys!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
shippings gonna set you back about $250-$275, hopefully they use continental. if not delta are second best but ALWAYS push for continental (their pet courier service is unsurpassed!)
theres nothing you can realy give the pup to make it not get sick.
rescue remedy would help relax the pup so it deosnt get as stressed, and using a good airline like continental are probably the only 2 precautions you can take.

both vixie and dodger were shipped to me via continental and both were 100% fine, no illness, no stress, they both did wonderfully and thepeople from the airline were wonderfull.

otherwise she looks like a cutie pie.

make sure your REALY carefull about following up on references (vet and personal) when dealing with puppyfind breeders, but she does look like a cute and healthy little chi girl!
good luck

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you guys for all your feedback. I do live with a roommate, so I would have to get her "ok" before moving ahead with this little girl. I was told that shipping would cost $200. I'm not sure as to what airline this breeder uses, but she seems really nice. I'm planning on giving her a call this weekend or early next week. She will cost me $595 including shipping, which isn't bad at all. Anyways, I'm very excited, and I just hope that everything works out for the best. Thanks for your opinions you guys! I am head over heels in love with this little girl...

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Oh they are both dolls! Please do check references and do your homework. I have been duped over another breed by a breeder on Puppyfind and also have read lots of horror stories about the puppies coming to you sick as well as being sold to someone else or never even existing at all. I do like that you can read comments from other buyers of some of the breeders? Does this breeder have comments to read?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes indeed! It's always good to be over zealously careful. And this breeder does in fact have 5 or so references that all had good things to say aobut her, and she received a 5 star from all of them. I am planning on giving her a call soon, and I find that in most cases, you can sense whether or not you're dealing with a scam. I have been pretty lucky with my last two chis. Although my last chi was not in as good condition as the breeder had me believe, so I know what that's like. At this point, I'm just waiting for my roommate/landlady to say "okay" to me getting this baby, and then I'll have to talk extensively with the breeder, and then I'll go from there. Well, thanks for your advice! I will keep you all posted!

·
Registered
93 Posts
She is beautiful, as is the little male. It makes me want another Chi right now! But, my little guy is such a mamma's boy, and so attatched to me, I doubt if he would find it okay having to share his mom, bed, ect., with anyone. lol.

Dannie

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You'd be surprised. My Minky is just like that too...very spoiled and very much acts like an "only dog," but with my other chi that I got, Minky accepted her RIGHT away. I was actually very surprised myself. She just took to her like she had known her all along. I'm really hoping that if I do get to get this puppy, my Minky will accept her right away too. I will be finding out this week though whether or not I will be getting this Bebe. I'm very anxious and excited at the prospect of getting another chi. I am absolutely obsessed with chis!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ahem...ladies and gentlemen...I would like to make an announcement...I will be the proud mother of yet ANOTHER chi in approximately one month. I will be getting Bebe!!! My roommate gave me the approval to go ahead and get the chi that I've posted here. I just wanted to share this with you all. I will keep you guys posted, and share any new pics with you as I get them. YAY!!! I can't wait to get my puppy Bebe! Do you guys think I should keep that name? It is a rather cute name...let me know your thoughts! Thanks! =)

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hehe thank you! And just a follow-up to my previous post...the name of the thing you can give your dog before shipping is Albon? I'm not sure about this, but that's what the breeder said she would be giving a few days prior to shipping. I just got off the phone with her and she sounded very nice. She even went and weighed little Bebe while I was on the phone with her because I asked how much she weighed and she wanted to give me an exact measurement. At 13 weeks, Bebe is about 2 lbs. 4 oz. The breeder said she would be surprised if Bebe got up to 4 lbs., so I guess she will be on the smaller side, which is fine with me. I don't care about her size as long as she's a healthy chi. Man, am I excited. You guys are going to have me stay grounded, or I think I might float up into the air in utter excitement and bliss. It's amazing what chihuahuas can do to you...lol...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Albon is like an antibiotic, it shouldnt be given unless the puppy is sick, it is NOT a preventative!
http://www.pfizerah.com/product_overview.asp?drug=AO&country=US&lang=EN&species=CN

if the puppy is sick enough to be perscribed this by a vet its not healthy enough to be shipped!
it should ONLY be adminstered by a vet and once again is NOT a preventative, it should only be given when the dog is sick!!!
please be carefull!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts