Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well when my lil girl chi was about 2-3 months WHEN she fractured her leg so we brought her to the vet that whole deal...well about a couple months later she became bigger than our boy chi..what do you's think? was she given some type of steriod or was it the vitamin supplements that she was on that made her so big? i mean she looks like a little kangaroo lol..but i assure you she is pure bred chihuahua she is not mixed with anything..and thats what leads me to believe something the vet gave her or something to deal with the vitamins she had to take made her shoot up soo quick..well i would love to hear your opinions!
HERES A PIC OF HER WHEN HER LEG WAS BROKEN AND A PIC OF HER LIKE 4-5 MONTHS LATER

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
How big is she? There are a number of larger, pure bred chi's here... in the 8-10 pound range, a few even bigger. That's big for a chi but hardly big as dogs go.

I'd be surprised if the vet could give a dog something that would cause such significant growth. Isn't it more likely that your chi just grew larger than anyone estimated? That seems to happen pretty frequently.

·
Registered
41 Posts
who know's? I'd like to know what the Vet does say though.....we are thinking about getting another chi a girl and I hope she does'nt get bigger than Bago! Let us know what the vet say's!!
She's adorable! How much does she weight now?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will be bringing both the boy and girl to the vet soon so then i will ask if they gave her anything...but yea we went back to the people we got her from just to vist and the girl showed us jelly's sisters that came from the same litter and their all half her size... :? jelly is very tall about 13 inches high when on all fours! and peanut butter is only like 6 inches high ..but she's still my baby and i love her to death even if she does look like a tiny kangaroo hehe..their both like 10 lbs lol...jelly weighs so much because of her height i think because she is a thin dog..peanut weighs alot because hes stumpy and fat lol

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hmm, I don't know if there is anything that they can give her to make her grow like that. Chihuahuas from the same litter can be all different sizes, they don't all come out the same. :wink:

Maybe she was just meant to be bigger? :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i really dont mind her being tall lol..shes my precious girl and i love her mucho :D but i do know that vets can give dogs a type of steriod if injured which may cause them to grow..thanks for all your responses :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
When I bought Charley, the breeder said he would be approximately 6 lbs. He's now 13 lbs!! I know he's full blooded, I have his papers. But I can totally understand wondering.

Let's think about this in human terms. Below is a picture of my Dad and 5 of his brothers. My Dad is the one on the left. As you can see, it is definitely possible for one out of the litter to be a *little* bigger than the others! :happy7:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow..hehe...yea thats true...but i sure would just like to know if they did give her anything..just to get a answer to my curiousity :tongue:

oo and to auggies mom..her leg healed perfectly..it was actually suppose to be longer than it was on for..but the cast fell off so we rushed her to the vets and they checked her out and said it was healed..it took maybe 2-3 weeks..it also was because she was young and still growing that it healed so fast..but she's perfectly fine now and has long lean legs to show for it lol

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i think she was just ment to be on the bigger side ....as i see on the first pic with the cast ,i could already say from that picture,she was going to get a bit bigger than normal :wave: she looks fine to me though :wink:

kisses nat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts