Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation of how amusing dogs can be.

My two stay in separate exercise pens with bed and pee pad at night. In the morning when I let them out, they each run to the other pen and pee on the pad! Even if they have peed on their own pad, they still do this. Even though there is a fresh, clean pad in the corner of the room, they still do this. I don't know if it's a territorial thing or what but it sure is funny.

·
Registered
376 Posts
That's funny! I would guess it's territorial. My dog's have to pee where the other pees. If Herc pees somewhere, Gunner will smell it immediately then pee on it. I bet that's what ur guys are doing, just pee pad style!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL - as long as they are going on a pad I don't care which pad. It's funny Gunner does that. He's still just a pup,isn't he?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
LOL - as long as they are going on a pad I don't care which pad. It's funny Gunner does that. He's still just a pup,isn't he?
how do u get them to do that lol? Miya is still a baby, but seems like everytime I'm taking her out of the pen, she's peeing..

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
teetee - Don't worry, I felt the same way about Axel but he just hit 15 weeks and all of a sudden he has got the hang of the pee pad thing and we have gone days now with maybe only 1 or 2 accidents off the pads. Before it was about 50/50. Miya is still a baby, just keep praising her when she does it right and cleaning up the accidents with an odour neutralizer when she doesn't.

·
Registered
376 Posts
He's about to be 5 months on the 18th. He's probably just really started that the past couple weeks. Hercules has peed on Gunner's pee since we brought him home. Of course, Herc is 2 1/2. He's also neutered though and still does it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Teetee I'll let in on a little secret. Taz doesn't always use the pads! She's 4 1/2 months old and we are still working on it but she will get it and so will Miya. In the meanwhile there are lots of people on this board that will sympathize.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Same thing here with Pee Pads or any where outside...where one pees the rest will go to. Even outside...get this>>>the boys will each take their turns lifting their legs on the garbage can and sure enough Hannah will run right over...back her butt up to it with her tail up and then proceed too pee to. It's funny as hell.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Same thing here with Pee Pads or any where outside...where one pees the rest will go to. Even outside...get this>>>the boys will each take their turns lifting their legs on the garbage can and sure enough Hannah will run right over...back her butt up to it with her tail up and then proceed too pee to. It's funny as hell.
My crew is the same way!!! :lol:
All three go one after the other peeing on the garbage cans, first Rocky & Benji, then little Chanel, funny guys!
On a rare occasion Chanel rushes to pee on the same garbage can or bush before one of the boys is finished and
since she's much smaller than the Basenji brothers, she goes right under their legs, and the poor thing gets peed on! :rolleyes: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts