Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I earnestly ask that you pray for our little Abby. She is in the hospital for additional testing and diagnosis.. Her white count is 23000 while 17000 is normal. One of her liver enzymes is elevated, and her kidney function is not normal..and she is anemic as well. On the positive size, she may have an infection that could be affecting her readings; on the downside she may have an organ problem relating to her heart, lungs, liver or kidneys.. She has been sedated for exrays and the pain she is in. I am to speak with her vet again around 5 PM today. I spent 2 hours at the vet with her, and I am worried sick. She was weighed in today at only 3.7 pounds..If you believe in prayer, I sincerely ask you to pray for her.. I have lost 2 furbabies already this year, and my heart is aching..

Her is my little girl, and she needs your prayers..

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Poor Baby I am Praying for her and you to help you through it. I had my Pom with some of same things plus clasp trac too. she went to doggy heaven so I pray for full healing. r
Father in heaven our Fur baby's mean so much to us they are apart of our family and we pray for full recovery for Abby and it's your will and Father we give you the Glory. In Jesus name Amen.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh Deb I am so sorry, Prayers and (((HUGS))) for you and little Abby. Please keeep us posted

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I believe in prayer and I am praying HARD for her and you.I so hope she is ok.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't begin to thank you guys enough.. it means so very much to me to know Abby is being lifted up for healing prayer.. Bless you.. Deb

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Deb, I am praying for you and little Abby. I sincerely hope that all she has in an infections which would explain most of her readings. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Abby Update
I just spoke with Abby's vet.. Abby is on rather strong pain medication to keep her more comfortable ( she was constantly whining) and she is resting now. Her heart nor kidneys appear to have any damage. She does have a "small" amount of fluid in her lungs, but nothing that would cause her to have severe breathing issues, per her vet. She has been placed on antibiotics since an infection in her lungs may be what is affecting her white count. They are going to fast her overnight in order to do additional testing in the morning. The vet is concerned as to why she is anemic.. is it that her bone marrow is not producing enough red blood cells, or are they being produced and then being lost or destroyed. They find no signs of blood loss in her stool or urine samples, thus do not suspect any bleeding as the reason for the anemia. I am to call them back around noon tomorrow for another update. Please continue to pray for Abby.. Thank you guys so very much.. Deb

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Deb, you are in my thoughts and prayers today and I am hoping for the best possible outcome for little Abby. Please keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Oh, Deb, my heart goes out to you and to little Abby...I will light a candle for the two of you tonight!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Be strong beautiful girl we are all pulling for you.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Still praying for you and Abby.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Oh Deb :( I am so sorry you're going through all of this. Bless your heart. Your baby Abby is definitely in my prayers and will be there until I know she is ok! Please keep us updated.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts