Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
That is too cute. When my husband had a motorcycle he used to zip Frisco up in jacket all snug and take him for rides, but that was a long time ago. Its very cute. Your baby loves her daddy too!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is too cute. When my husband had a motorcycle he used to zip Frisco up in jacket all snug and take him for rides, but that was a long time ago. Its very cute. Your baby loves her daddy too!
I bet that was so cute seeing him all zipped up in the jacket!! These little guys love their daddy too! We were actually visiting my dad. He thinks I'm crazy for all I do for Midgie, but he's hypocritical because He has a lab that he adores to death!! Lol

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I bet that was so cute seeing him all zipped up in the jacket!! These little guys love their daddy too! We were actually visiting my dad. He thinks I'm crazy for all I do for Midgie, but he's hypocritical because He has a lab that he adores to death!! Lol
That's how my husband is about Cricket. He says he only holds to keep her out of trouble, yet I got a picture of him giving her kisses lol.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, it can get annoying them riding on you neck, but I'm kinda of used to it. My 1st chi always rode there, so I've been doing it for 12 years. Lol Thought about getting one of those dog carseats that strap to the center console, but I don't think she'd be any safer sitting there than on my lap.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Haha, it can get annoying them riding on you neck, but I'm kinda of used to it. My 1st chi always rode there, so I've been doing it for 12 years. Lol Thought about getting one of those dog carseats that strap to the center console, but I don't think she'd be any safer sitting there than on my lap.
Where can you get one of those, and what is the price range?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
That so reminds me of Lulu when we go once a week to spend the night with hubby's mom. I thought about the pet carseats, but I don't think Lulu would want to stay in it. I should have started her in one. Trying to change her now would be tough.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
When I was a teenager, I let my new puppy sleep on my lap while I was driving. He ended up using the steering wheel as a pillow which stopped me from turning the wheel. I ran into a mailbox in my aunt's neighborhood. Needless to say, I will never do that again. Since then, they have all been in a doggy seat belt, except Toby. Toby goes in his carrier, which is then seat belted.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Paco is belted in in his seat. I am not sure how much help it would be in a serious accident but it does keep him from getting hurt if I have to stop quick and he doesn't interfere with me when I am driving. If it is just the two of us, I put him in the front seat. He can look out the window and I can pet him. If someone else is traveling with us, he get demoted to the back seat but he doesn't seem to mind.

I love how excited he gets when he knows we are going bye-bye! He jumps right up in his seat and sits for me to hook him up! I am so glad he likes to travel with me. I really enjoy the company.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Charlie likes to sleep on my lap and sometimes on my neck Penelope is my neck rider I don't like Charlie on my neck because I like to have my window open a little when I drive and I'm afraid if I take a corner a little to fast that Charlie may go flying out the window. I'm not big on him riding in my lap unless he's sleeping either so if he's awake he's pretty good at laying on the seat beside me. I drive a vintage car I call it my brand new 1985 K car because when I bought it last year it only had 20,000 original miles on it. I bought it off a 90 year old lady she bought it brand new in 1985 she took it on a short 500 mile rd trip when she first got it and then basicily drove it to the grocery store and back for the rest of its life. She kept it in the garage when it wasn't used so the car is like brand new. The back seat had never been sat in ever when I bought it. I love it. Anyway it has the old bench seat in the front so Charlie can lay down right beside me which is fine with me.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
I put the pups in their 'carriers' and seat belt them in. Front or back. They have riden like this since I got them. Better be safe than sorry. Just think, God forbid, if you were rearended at a moderate speed. You'd quish your friend against the steering wheel; possably killing him. You'd never forgive yourself. Please start to train him using a seat belt type of thing, or a doggie car seat. They have harnesses inside them to keep them safe. Sue

1 - 20 of 25 Posts