Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I love my little chi but her mouth STINKS. I have no idea why, she never eats anything bad... What can I do to fix this? I tried the doggie toothpaste, but it made it smell bad but it was beef flavored... Ideas? Suggestions?

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
What does she eat for food? How are her teeth? Those are going to be the reasons why she has bad breath...either bad teeth or off digestion. Also, how old is she? Sometimes when they are teething they have horrid breath as well...

·
Registered
483 Posts
That will be a very temporary fix (talking minutes...if that LOL). In order to get rid of bad breath you have to figure out the cause. :)
yeah true, bad breath is mostly caused by bad teeth, or teething like you said my cats breath is minging at the min as hes teething ew! lol cant wait till he gets all his teeth

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
She should be over teething by now honestly I'd put it down to duet kibble causes the dog smell and bad breath you would need to clean her teeth daily and use a water additive if you want to help the smell however it won't completely get rid of it

You could try giving her some raw meaty bones a few times a week to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts