Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My chi's and my pomchi love to get into the garbage and dig out my sons dirty diapers to eat!!!!! Its soo discusting, how do I break them from it? Also my blue Chihuahua goes potty on the pee pee pads but the other two don't seem to care about them, is there a trick to this? I must be doing something wrong. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
diaper eating is gross, but i've heard of a few dogs that do it :shock:

i'm not sure how to break them of the habit except put the garbage in a place where they can't get to, or if you see them going to the garbage shake a can of pennies or squirt them with water. as for the wee wee pads i am not sure, sorry.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
My chi's and my pomchi love to get into the garbage and dig out my sons dirty diapers to eat!!!!!
I can only put dirty diapers in the kitchen garbage and it has a lid, but there have been times that I've been changing my daughters diaper on the floor and Zeus *tries* to get to that diaper when I'm putting a fresh one on her. I think it's the sweet smell they are attracted to.. YUCK if right!

Zeus really never did well with the pee pee pads. When we were house training him, I always kept one down and he'd occassionally use it, but I just got in the habit of taking him out hourly when he was very young, then every two hours, etc. When he was a puppy and I couldn't keep a close eye on him (my daughter was 1 then and I didn't trust them together w/out supervision), he would stay in the kitchen. The kitchen seemed to be his safe haven and he had no desire to mess in it even though there were ample places to go since it was a kitchen/eat-in dining area.

Edited: I just saw in the other thread your Chi's ages. The two younger ones are still pretty young. I've found that Chi's are harder to house-train then any other breed I've had. Zeus wasn't fully house-trained until he was a year old.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, and my pomchi is 7 months, and my blue chi is 8 months and my white tri colored chi is 4 months, I have had my pomchi for 5 months and my blue chi for only 1 month, and my white chi for 3 months, this is why expecially with JayJay my pomchi I don't understand why he isn't housebroken yet, we have been working on it for five months already, Layla, my blue chi, she is the one that will go on the pads, but the other two will not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, yes of course not the chi's lol, didn't think of that, thanks

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
When Dawn wasn't potty trained there for a while (she is now woot woot!), Lina used to get her pullups out of the garbage and her icky panties from the dirty laundry! It was grossing me out and I couldn't put anything on the panties lol So...I just got me a squirt bottle and started spraying her with it everytime she looked like she might do that again. She stopped real quick!! Then again, Dawn is potty trained now, so that helped too lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
Fill 3 or 4 empty soda cans with small handfulls of pennies. Place them in/on/by the can in such a way that when the puppies wiggle/tip/shake the can to get to the diapers the penny cans crash down. It'll be a horrid noise. You'll have 3 terrified little brats :) all jumping on you at one time for comfort. But, they won't be hurt and they won't like the diaper container anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts