Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lion decided to drag his chicken wing section out to the carpet. UGH. I tried to take it away and put him back in the kitchen, but he almost choked from trying to gulp it down when I came close. So I had to leave him and clean up the bloody mess on the carpet :(. I will be gating him in the bathroom next time!

Penny did the same thing.. Oh well. Lesson learned, don't feed the dogs anywhere but the bathroom where they can't escape from!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This has nothing to do with the raw food, but I caught Lion hanging out in his toy box a minute ago and thought it was cute :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
aww i love the last photo! how adorable!
I have also been feeding prada and gucci raw sometimes because everyone seems to highly recommend it here
so everytime i go to the butchers, the little ones get some good meat too

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Get a feeding towel! Easy! I use an old beach towel. I throw it down and Brody runs and sits on it, waiting for his food. He knows he has to eat on the towel. It's very easy to train them to it, just put them on it and if they move out say "on your towel" and put them back. They quickly learn that is where they eat and not to move off it. Then just throw the towel in the washer.

Some people feed in crates, or a utility room, or a bathroom, or even the bathtub or shower stall! Or outside. Whatever works for you. ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good gosh, your babies are beautiful. I meant to tell you in the puppy pic thread that I LOVE the pic you posted on Lion on his leash, and he's in focus and the ground isn't ... you are a great photographer!

I discovered yesterday Rudy is not meant to be a raw dog, lol. I tried him on the chicken feet again and all he did for an hour was lick it. And then I tried raw chicken thigh and again, all he did was lick it and resource guard it. My silly little boy! He adores fruits and veggies so maybe I should have know? haha

But so glad your two are doing so well on the raw. :) That's really cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts