Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was surfin the net trying to find recipe's to write on my new recipe cards, and i found this on www.thepoop.com they have tons of treat recipe's for dogs, but here's their recipe for "Yummy Chihuahua's Stew"

Ingredients

2/3 cup- turkey, liver, hamburger
1/2 cup rice
1/4 cup potato
1/4 tsp.garlic powder
1/2 carrot
1 cup water

Directions

Cut meat into tiny bite size pieces, slice the potato, and cut the carrot. Put all into a pot, add 1/2 cup water, then garlic powder. Turn on stove to high, let bowl. Cook the rice. While cooking add a little of the water every so often to the stew. Add rice to pot, stir, keep at bowl for 2 more minutes. take from heat. Strain juice into separate pot. Let food cool. Once done, add a little juice. (( if wanted))

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely!! I am buying the ingredients tomorrow at the market...chico will be one spoiled little boy this weekend :D

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i made it for him last night and he really liked it. he kept following me around like he wanted more, lol. he will only get this as a treat though...i don't want him hooked on something other than his dog food, lol. i got a few more recipes for dog biscuits...and a recipe for cat treats. one for cats is called "Su-Purr Salmon Pate" which i'm going to make for my kitties during the week. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I feed my dogs like this all the time..they just love it! They also love baby carrots and cantalope...I try to feed as much fresh food as I can. I do use kibble but usually mixed in with the meat and rice and veggies. We don't feed a full raw diet..but they do eat alot of raw things. Chicken wings are their favs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts