Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since Lola has come into my life, I have been trying to find treats that she reallly likes. I tried Greenies and she didn't care for those. I tried some other peanut butter cookie treats and didn't like those either. BUT, today, while I was in PetSmart, I found some treats called" Luv'a Bones: World's Finest Gourmet Dog Biscuits" in the flavor "Braised Short Rib with Potatoes Au Gratin."

I was drawn to them because they are all-natural, wheat-free, made with gourmet meats and real vegetables. And, when I opened the package it smelled almost better than some human food I have smelled. :) Really.

The verdict? Lola LOOOOVES them. So, if you have picky Chis or if you are looking for new treats, you may want to try these out. For a small box (7 oz.), it was only $2.50.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i think i might try em for chiwi.... but i've spent sooo much money on treats that just sit there.. my other dogs can't have any of them due to food allergies and special diets...

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
:x I wish there were a petsmart here. I have never found a doggie treat Auggie really likes either. People treats yes Dog treats no You would not believe how much stuff i have given away cause Auggie won't eat it. Fortunately the guy who does most of the maintenance work at the condo's has 6 dogs so he has really benefitted from Auggie's picky eating :lol:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
WOW they do sound yummy!!

Hey luv4my girls what kind of treats you got? maybe I can buy them off you?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Marcus likes several things luckily. Greenies being one of his all time favorites and then Bil Jac liver treats and Chicken Jerky for dogs. He used to like the Pigs in a blanket but now he won't eat them. I gotta admit I think braised shortribs and au gratin potatoes sounds like something I'd be very happy with.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thanks for that great recommendation Lola's mom! I'm definitely going to get that for my Minky because she seems pretty picky with doggie treats too. When I took her to the vet, they offered her a treat there, and my baby sniffed it once and didn't even want to look at it. I'm excited that there's something that's yummy and good for chis!! Yay!! =)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Heck, I might even try 'em for myself. Braised short ribs with potatoes au gratin sounds sooooo yummy! :D
I've tried them and they ARE good. I will eat one when I give one to Cooper.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
tik0z said:
Cooper said:
Rachael Polachek said:
Heck, I might even try 'em for myself. Braised short ribs with potatoes au gratin sounds sooooo yummy! :D
lol....serious? :shock:
Yeah, totally serious. Cooper doesn't eat anything that I don't try first. I've eaten all the different brands of dog food he has tried (Flint River is my personal favorite, followed by Wellness) and all his treats.

I'm weird... I don't give him anything that isn't human grade anyway, so I figure it can't hurt me. :) Plus, I was that kid that ate milkbones as a child. My poor mother would find me hiding in the pantry with the box of milkbones, just munching away. The green ones are gross, by the way.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Cooper said:
tik0z said:
Cooper said:
Rachael Polachek said:
lol....serious? :shock:
Yeah, totally serious. Cooper doesn't eat anything that I don't try first. I've eaten all the different brands of dog food he has tried (Flint River is my personal favorite, followed by Wellness) and all his treats.

I'm weird... I don't give him anything that isn't human grade anyway, so I figure it can't hurt me. :) Plus, I was that kid that ate milkbones as a child. My poor mother would find me hiding in the pantry with the box of milkbones, just munching away. The green ones are gross, by the way.
the green ones and the black ones bleh :oops:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
My puppy must be REALLY picky then because she will not touch the Luv'a Bones treats. Man...I guess she'll have to go treatless until I find something. I haven't been brave enough to try out my puppy's food though. You guys are really brave. I can't even stand the smell of my puppy's food, so I can't imagine sticking that stuff in my mouth. blegh...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Cooper's mom: where do you get the flint river stuff? Is it only available online? I was just wondering because you said it tasted good. Just curious. Thanks!! =)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'll have to get those, thanks!! Angel is getting tired of the same old treats and I'm sure she would love something like that!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sounds so good it makes me hungry. My moco usually just eats slim jims and beef jerky. She love s it. Id like to give her some of those potatoe treats!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts