Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has developed glaucoma in her non visual eye ..this is putting her sighted eye in jeopardy so on Feb 3rd her left eye will be removed....Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers on that day...:angel7:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Oh, poor sweetie. Of course, I will be praying and sending all my good thoughts that day for her. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pam....we welcome all the prayers we can get.... her sighted eye is at risk during the surgery do to the placement of the optic nerve and with her being so small, it makes it a bit more delicate surgery....it will be a long stressful day...she had a nasty hyphema but that was resolving but her pressures had shot up so the decision was made to go ahead with the surgery....

I just saw your post about your latest addition being pregnant...I hope everything goes well with the delivery..not knowing the fathers breed must be scary...but she is in the best of hands in your care....

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Kathleen, rest assured Zari will remain in our prayers until she is safely thru her surgery and back home .. And we are continually praying for Bella's healing and well being. I know these are extremely stressful times for you guys~ you are both such awesome caregivers to your 3 special needs chi babies. Thinking of your little family is inspiring to me and strengthens my faith. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Will absolutely pray for Zari and you. So sorry that she must go through this, and hope all goes extremely well.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Sending healing thoughts! Wishing for a quick recovery.
I can imagine this is a very difficult time, I wish only the best.
Hope all goes well. BIG hugs!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deb....thanks for such kind words..I know you will be keeping Zari in your prayers and that gives me peace of mind...

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tina and Ls...thanks...its good to know so many people will be thinking of her as she goes into surgery...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Will be thinking of you!

If you don't mind me asking... how did you know she had developed glaucoma? Brody is blind in his left eye. I wonder if developing glaucoma in a blind eye is common?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Both of my girls have been under the care of an ophthalmologist for ocular assessments....they have their pressures done twice a year....and prn...according to Dr West they are at high risk for glaucoma ..pressure checks can be done by your regular DVM..with this last check Zari had a hyphema and her pressures were up...she would now need to have Azopt gtts TID...being that eye is non visual it was decided enucleation was in order...as you know the visual eye is put in jeopardy when the affected eye is acting up....I think I remember Brody was under the care of a ophthalmologist and if pressure checks were in order he/she would have have recommended them I'm sure...

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Both of my girls have been under the care of an ophthalmologist for ocular assessments....they have their pressures done twice a year....and prn...according to Dr West they are at high risk for glaucoma ..pressure checks can be done by your regular DVM..with this last check Zari had a hyphema and her pressures were up...she would now need to have Azopt gtts TID...being that eye is non visual it was decided enucleation was in order...as you know the visual eye is put in jeopardy when the affected eye is acting up....I think I remember Brody was under the care of a ophthalmologist and if pressure checks were in order he/she would have have recommended them I'm sure...
Ok thanks for clarifying that. He does have a yearly exam with his opthamologist. He never mentioned glaucoma being a problem but I will ask about it next time we are in.

I will be anxious to hear that her surgery is a success! It will be a relief to not have to worry about that eye anymore. I'm sure she will do great.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Continued prayers for Zari, please???
Zari had her surgery today.. Please continue the prayers that she retains the vision in her remaining eye. I am sure Kathleen will update as she is able, what with Bella's serious eating disorder and Zari in the hospital, Kathleen and hubby need lots of prayer for themselves as well. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Definitely, sending all my prayeers and good wishes for the whole family. I hope and pray everything went well.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Continued prayers for Zari, please???
Zari had her surgery today.. Please continue the prayers that she retains the vision in her remaining eye. I am sure Kathleen will update as she is able, what with Bella's serious eating disorder and Zari in the hospital, Kathleen and hubby need lots of prayer for themselves as well. Blessings, Deb
Thanks so much Deb...your support thru these trying times have meant more to me then you will ever know.....Hugs to all your little ones

1 - 20 of 21 Posts