Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zari is now 42 weeks old....she is an active...intelligent little girl....she certainly is a reminder to all not to judge a book by its cover :hello1:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Zari is so adorable... I am just delighted to see new pics of her! Thank you for sharing her with us.. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Deb...Zari is doing very well...driving her sisters to distraction at times :)
Time is going by so fast....pretty soon my baby will be all grown up :love4:

Hope all is well with your family...:sunny:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw she's a doll! :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm confused...Why did you say that about judging a book by it's cover? Does she have a disability? (I don't have my glasses on! LOL)

She's a doll - looks like a twin to my Gracie!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When Zari was a baby many of the members said some extremely hurtful remarks about her...called her " wonky eyes " and were sure she was hydrocephalic...one member actually said she could not be the age she was...good heavens, I was online when she was born...saw her within minutes of her birth, yet this member was so accusatory about this....so that is what I mean about not judging.....she was a very normal baby...had no signs of any illness..she has been seen by many vets and they all were shocked at the comments when I told them.......and if I had listened to the comments and " advice " I would have missed out on having the most delightful little girl in life...Zari is blind in one eye but we knew this from shortly after birth...and is under the care of an Ophthalmologist...
I just do not want anyone else to have to go thru unnecessary worry and hurt.( and unnecessary vet bills as each consult cost a fair amount ).....so I do post pictures of her every few weeks just so people can see....she is a perfect , normal little girl....
I do not do this to antagonize....I just want people to realize seeing a picture is not the way to make a medical diagnosis...or to even suggest a diagnosis..

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I apologize for anything that may have been said about your girl... a lot of people here tend to be very careful and always want to err on the side of caution. There's tons of heartbreaking stories of hydrocephalic pups (I ended up having one, but not once did someone else bring it up to me, I found out from my vet) and it's tragic. So I don't think anyone was trying to be judgemental, its just that nobody wants anyone else to suffer the way they had to so they try pointing out warning signs. It comes down to the 'better safe than sorry' concept I suppose. Zari's story is one of success and should definitely be shared; you're very lucky and that it something to celebrate, it's wonderful that Zari is such a perfect little thing despite what some people may have suspected. She's a beautiful little girl and thats what matters.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
She is GORGEOUS! I'm sorry about what people have said. She's perfect the way she is though. You are both lucky to have each other! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts