Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all: Well before the snow came down hard,(I'm in Chicago area) I managed to go get Zarita. Saw the surgeon between his surgeries, and he said he took off one bandage so that she only has one bandage on. She cried and panted until we got on the highway (30 min drive) and then she finally fell asleep. I had her on Donna's (roommate) lap with a pee pad on a pillow! We also had a fleece wrap around her, as her little butt is shaved down. She has no hair on both legs, up around her back and down the butt!. Got her home where she scarfed down 3 liver bicotti's and some water. I have her enconced on 'her' pillow where she is now sleeping. She will walk, but is not happy about it. She has had a long acting antibiotic shot, and a pain medication for today. We have rimadryl to give tomorrow. Tonight will be interesting. Should I lock her up with Emmie in the pen, or leave her out? She is used to being out. I am worried about her messing with her stitches, but so far she has hardly looked at them. I do have an inflatable collar if I have to use it. More later! Sue

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
There are a few here who have lived through this who I sure hope will see this and share tips. Glad all 3 of you made it home safely in the weather. Hope that she will sleep and rest. Bless her heart. She must be happy to be with you and back home!

·
Registered
311 Posts
fingers crossed and sending good healing and comfort vibes. I think if it were me I would make her a special area. I know when it was my kids we called it the "sick spot" and it just seemed to encourage rest, relaxation and healing.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh no, what happened to her? :(

Hope she feels better very soon!!!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zarita had a good night. I did not!! I kept waking up thinking I heard her crying. I'd listen for awhile, but nothing. My roommate fell asleep in her recliner until 3:30 am, and set Zarita up with her carrier (she LOVES it) and a cuddle bed and a pee pad. I got up about 8:45 and got her out of the carrier. She went from the cuddle bed to the carrier during that time. She got her pain pill this am. Not eating today, which is nothing new. She ate like a little pig yesterday though. She is not comfortable walking with one leg in a bandage, and the other one with stitches in it! Very clumsy. I like her to try walking alittle though. Has anyone ever done swimming after the vet says OK for rehab? I was just thinking about that. Sue

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I am glad she had a good night. Sorry to hear that you did not sleep well though. When we are worried about them it is just like worrying about a child. The night that Jaxx was neutered I had horrible nightmares that he was bleeding and I could not stop it or find a Vet to help him. I ended up getting up at 3 am and not going back to sleep at all. After the nightmares I kept waking Jaxx up as well to make sure he was okay.
I hope that you get some rest and sleep better tonight.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
She is still being very shy--hiding in her bed, and today got herself under the cover of the mat that is under the side board in the diningroom. I finally got her out, 'cause our sheltie likes to lie on the mat. With just a 'lump' visable, I worried! She is not eating but did finally eat last night. I had to put her pain pill in her mouth, she wouldn't take it off the spoon with p.butter! If there are any updates I will post them, but for now she is doing OK. Thanks for all the posts. Sue

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Wow, what an ordeal. Poor thing probably doesn't know what happened! She goes to the vet, goes to sleep and wakes up with horrible pain and both her legs operated on. Awwwwwww..... no wonder she isn't herself yet. I hope she continues to do well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts