Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fiddle always had a little bit of black in her coat. Always the tip of her tail and the tips on her ears. I figured it might grow out or stay, but recently I have noticed she is sort of forming stripes! lol

I know her coat is changing but will they always be there? I am quietly hoping the line down the middle of her back goes....

What do you think?

Her tail is basically all black

One last pretty one for good measure :)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
It's called sabling, black sabling in her case. No, it won't go anywhere now unfortunately if you don't like it its there to stay. Many lighter colored chis get this as they get older. Some people like it, some don't. She may get more as she gets older, too.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nawwwwwh!

lol

I dont mind on the ears and stuff but that line smack down the middle of her back, she looks like she walked under a car and has oil and grease on her Lol

So im guessing her 'colour' is Tan with black and white marking?

He underbelly is white :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Yes, there to stay. She's lovely. :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I'm gonna go against the grain and say it may go away. Not all, but fade some. Sables do all kinds of things as they age. You won't be able to really tell what it will end up until she's about 2 years old. I know of a Chi that was a Fawn sable as a young pup, and is now more of a red Fawn, with just a hint of the black sable left.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
That is true, T. All of her fawn color could definitely get a bit darker too, or more reddish. Laurel was gold/fawn as a puppy but got the sabling and turned more red. I just haven't ever seen sabling go away once it is there. Other colors can definitely change/blend it better.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yeah, Nooshie (the pup I know), her coloring was like Fiddle's at her age, but as she aged it became more Red Fawn. She still had hints of the sable, but mostly faded. I’ve actually seen many Fawn Sables change quite a bit as they age.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I would post pics, but I don't have permission. :/

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Maybe I could just blank out Nooshie's face?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm gonna go against the grain and say it may go away. Not all, but fade some. Sables do all kinds of things as they age. You won't be able to really tell what it will end up until she's about 2 years old. I know of a Chi that was a Fawn sable as a young pup, and is now more of a red Fawn, with just a hint of the black sable left.
That is true, T. All of her fawn color could definitely get a bit darker too, or more reddish. Laurel was gold/fawn as a puppy but got the sabling and turned more red. I just haven't ever seen sabling go away once it is there. Other colors can definitely change/blend it better.
Yeah, Nooshie (the pup I know), her coloring was like Fiddle's at her age, but as she aged it became more Red Fawn. She still had hints of the sable, but mostly faded. I’ve actually seen many Fawn Sables change quite a bit as they age.
Lol. Its always a waiting game! Thanks for the tips tho guys!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I don't think it'll go I love sables especially in lc they look so flashy daisy and lotus are both fawn sables but lotus sabeling is v blue daisys is black and their fawns are way diff colours!!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think Fiddle is a pretty dog also. Draco had a blue fawn coat when I got him and then one day he got a black spot on his tail. It looked like dirt....he also had some black striping down his back. As an adult, he has full black on the curl part of his tail and his stripe down is back is blending somewhat with his fawn hair. I love Draco's "wolfie" tail and his sabling is nice. I really like Fiddle's sabling on her hers...fantastic.

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
i think she looks lovely, as a pup Twig had a stripe down her back and tail and lots of sabelling on her face and body but she lost it all with her puppy coat, now shes just fawn with no sabelling at all

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I think her markings are really pretty too. Its so weird how a color can pop up out of nowhere. I wasnt particularly thrilled either when Reese's muzzle suddenly went white at the tip of his nose and under his chin when he turned one, now I don't even notice it. Leo has sabling too, and it really can change a lot. When I got him he had a lot of the black on his face, now its all gone and he just has a black stripe down his back and a black spot on either side of his tail. His color is changing too. I think he's going to end up a red fawn with the black stripe/tail, but time will tell! Leo isn't a color I would have sought out, but I think the sabling is really gorgeous and I'm quite pleased with him. It looks lovely on Fiddle too :)
Some pics to see the change, sabling is really weird and seems to change a lot as they grow.

Leo as a little pup. You can see he has a lot of the black sprinkled throughout his coat and a lot on his face...

And now, took these today- hes jabout four and a half months now

I think hes going to have the same markings as his mama, but cant say for sure yet

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I actually think her colouring is fab, I love it, I too don't think it will go away, Jake has getting more brown around his eyes and ears and it suits him.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Naww I love it when you have pic's of them "smiling" Too cute!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts