Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're new to the forum but I wanted to share some pictures of Zippy. We think that he's about 10 years old. He is a rescue dog from the local shelter and has been living happily with us for about 2 months now. He's got a few medical issues (some missing teeth, a level 3 heart murmur, and he doesn't hear all that well) but he is the best thing that we've ever brought into our household. Neither my wife nor I had ever owned a dog before; she very much wanted one but I was not completely sure about the idea. However, as it turns out, I am so glad that we made the decision to adopt him. He has enriched out lives so much in the past few months and now I suddenly cannot imagine life without him here.

Some pictures :

playing/scratching

running!

what's that?

relaxing together

ready for a walk!

no teeth, tongue out!

sleeping in my wife's dirty clothes basket

:)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Awww how great is that! I love hearing stories like that :hello1: so glad you made the decision to adopt this little cutie. He is a doll and looks very very welcomed already! Love that last photo hehe :D It's great to see dogs like this getting the chance to live out the rest of their lives in a loving home!! :hello1: Welcome to CP You'll love it here!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bless your heart for opening your home to this little dear! <3

He looks like such a love bug.... I am so glad you gave him a chance and are providing him with a loving home to call his own. :)

Love the sleeping pics and the one w/ his sporty little jacket. Sooooo sweet!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It's amazing - the rescue thing. Everyone thinks you're doing the pup a favor, but it's really the other way around, isn't it? Both mine are rescues, and they've turned our world upside down. I know what you mean when you say that you cannot imagine life without him! He's an angel!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
He looks really good! Especially if he's 10 years old! He is a doll! I'm so glad he has a great home for the rest of his life--he deserves it! Good job and welcome!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you for all of the kind words. Kimr said it best; the reward has been all ours. Zippy has really brought us much more than we will ever be able to pay back to him.

I've been enjoying looking at everyone else's Chihuahua pictures too.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Wow! That is so great! I am so happy that you have given him a forever home. He must be so happy and so are you! It's a win win situation. Amazing! :)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
He is a sweet lookin guy good for you for rescueing him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts