Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to supplement the Orijen I feed my chi's with ZiwiPeak. I bought a trial size today, and they both seem to like the dried food but aren't so keen on the canned version. That is fine, because I didn't really want to feed wet food anyways. I am thinking of feeding a little bit of ZiwiPeak in the morning and then continuing to free-feed Orijen throughout the day. Does that sound okay? I would just feed ZiwiPeak because it would be less hassle to just feed one food, but I am a poor student and it is a little spendy for me($4 a can for wet food, $30 a bag for the dried). Any thoughts are appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I personally would not free feed especially with supplementing with ZP since ZP tends to chunk dogs up as you're intended to feed such a ridiculously small amount. Maybe feed one ZP meal in the morning & one at night? And FYI...I dispise wet food but canned ZP is much different than most canned foods. Doesn't cause soft poo like many & has no real fillers & such. Same ole meat, organ, vitamins & minerals like the dehydrated with just added gargum (I think it is?) to keep it fresh.

We have six Chi's ranging from 4.5-8lbs & one 2.2lb bag lasts us one week... If you are able to order/buy the 11lb bag you actually get more food for your money. It is more like $115 but a 11lb bag should last 2 Chi's three months feeding primarily that. Just a little info for ya... :) I do understand though it's a pricey food but you definitely don't need to feed much of it. That's what most don't understand & just look at the sticker price.

Good luck!! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts