Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think this is the right amount to feed 2 times a day?...Also MoJie is eating his food so fast....is there a method to slow him down?..thank you..

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm giving them a bit more....LOL....the bag I got said like 11lb = .75 scoop a day.....I think i will cut back a little...

that's very interesting about the golf balls....thank you..

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Heh, I would say about 1/3 scoop or just under for TucTuc, 1/3 for Nana, and maybe start Mojie at 1/3 but monitor his weight...if you feed 2 meals a day, split that amount in 1/2. I think Ziwi is a great food but you feed soooo little. I am not psycologically strong enough to feed it alone lol, my dogs were always acting more starved than usual.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh ok...thank you....

I feel the same way...I often go back to the bag to give them a little more.....I don't want them to be over weight that's for sure....especially MoJie cause he finish like so fast..

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
When we fed kibble still we had to do that for Trigger...he otherwise would shove all his food in his mouth in one scoop and swallow. It was slightly ridiculous.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
They are a good size because no danger that they can eat the ball, the ball is too heavy for them to really pick up, and they have a bit of weight.

It gives me a headache they eat so fast lol.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I'm pretty sure I already suggested this to you but adding about 2oz of water to each meal slows my pups down quite a bit. Plus it also gives them a bit of hydration to help process the food. Not sure if you do or not...but it really does help. :)

I'd not give more than recommended because you may find that they put on some weight. Or not...I had to up my pups intake of ZP because they actually got too skinny & that was on the recommended feeding amount for each. But some find their pups gain weight. I guess it depends on the dog & their metabolism.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts