Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The feeding guidlines are really confusing me. We got a couple sample bags yesterday in the mail. As I was trying to figure out how much to feed her I almost decided to throw it over the balcony for the squirrels! Lily is 9lbs, there is a 6.6lb and 11lb guidline with only a .2oz difference in amounts to feed. I don't want to overfeed or underfeed her. How does everyone do it with an even smaller dog?! I cant figure out the scoop thing because the pieces are square. Maybe I can weigh her feedings? She eats twice a day. Can anyone with a 9lb dog help me? :confused:

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I only feed it on the odd occassion but my biggest is 4lb 6oz I give about 10 squares but mine are very high energy and walked a lot!!

Heather - mchis can probably help as she fed hers it for quite a while

·
Registered
912 Posts
I recently got the 11lb bag from my husband...
In splitting it up, I determined the 11lb bag had appx 106 scoops worth. So far, 6 1/2 scoops worth has lasted my 3 chihuahuas (5.9lbs, 4.3lbs, and 4.6lbs) 10 days...

(This is strictly feeding ziwipeak only. I wanted to see how long it would last them, so I kept track for those 10 days. Ususally, I cook eggs, give raw eggs, and they also have treats that I give them. So in the future, they will be eating far less of the ziwi.)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Sorry, I can't help, but I'm with you, I'm clueless on how much to feed mine as well. lol. I bought some and didn't even use it because I couldn't sort how much to feed. Their guidelines are hard to sort. I also want to mix it with THK so it gets more confusing. I'm mainly just worried about giving too much as I have Pip down to a better weight now and don't want to undo the weight he's lost.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ended up giving up on the food, I also don't want to overfeed. I am using them for treats though. We are trying TOTW now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts