Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an alternative to Ziwipeak that wouldn't have to be purchased online? I've decided to put the girls on raw, however... I know my husband wont allow the raw meets...well true raw meats. As far as I can tell Ziwipeak is the preferred brand, where can i get raw foods in Florida, USA. Does anyone know of any shops, or chains that offer it?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I can get it at a couple of independent pet food stores in my area. I do not know if you have anything like that. I'd also recommend Stella & Chewy's.

I buy online because I get a better price.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Chico & Kody *LOVE* Stella & Chewy... I make thier weekly meals every sunday....
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/jan896/e86175f8.jpg

I put Chico's Meds in them so I don't forget :) and add Salmon Oil before serving...

I can find S&C at my pet store in town... about $28-29 for a bag... they love the Duck formula. Kody isn't crazy and the ZP, I guess he doesn't like the hard pieces(even though I do soak them for abit)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did it really cause a huge change for your dogs? my older girl has allergies, and her coat has been really sort of dull lately, I've had her on blue buffalo which i thought was an amazing food, but not im looking for more. Also, since arwen was fixed she gained a pound, which is now 25% of her body weight.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I buy ZP at the pet store "Naturally 4 Paws" here in my small town.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
did it really cause a huge change for your dogs? my older girl has allergies, and her coat has been really sort of dull lately, I've had her on blue buffalo which i thought was an amazing food, but not im looking for more. Also, since arwen was fixed she gained a pound, which is now 25% of her body weight.

I was told that after Chico & Kody's neuter surgery I need to feed 25% less food... another reason I make all their food for the upcoming week on Sunday.... as I can weigh what I feed them at each meal.... 14G per meal on Duck formula.. I intend to lower it to 12G after about a month...

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I order my ZP online because I don't think I can get it where I live. I also feed THK which I know I can get where I live. THK is dehydrated raw meat while ZP is freeze-dried. Both are fantastic foods.

·
Registered
801 Posts
You may be able to find The Honest Kitchen locally, I do not have a place
here locally to purchase ZP, but I know of two places that carry THK, so
that might be an alternative.

All Natural Dog Food | Dehydrated Raw Dog Food | Like Homemade Pet Food

**However...if you have never fed ZP, go to their website and use the
contact form. Tell them that you have a dog and you're thinking of switching
to ZP and you would like samples. They WILL send you a large sample package
at no cost to you**

Home » ZiwiPeak

I feed raw and tried ZP as a filler, but my two will not eat it at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts