Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you tried anything form ZiwiPeak Treat range? I am about to order some more ZiwiPeak dry and was wondering about the treats - like liver treats or deer shank chews & deer hoofer chew?!? Have you tried any? Did your chi's like them?

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
The treats are the same thing as the food, only they are not a complete diet. I would just use the food as a treat. They do have a canned food but I have not tried it.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The liver treats would be good. I'd skip the deer shanks and hooves. They are cooked (not raw) and could break teeth. They are hard as a rock! Stick with raw bones for chewies. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
How big are the ZP liver treats? I am still training Paco and use a lot of treats so I try to use very small bites.
I wish someone would reply. I am looking for treats that are about the size of a pencil eraser or smaller. I give Paco treats for asking to go out, going potty and coming when called. That is a lot of treats while we are learning these behaviors. I want to make sure he is getting healthy treats along with his diet.

Right now I get Blue treats and cut them up. They are small hearts but I cut each one into 3 little pieces.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought a small bag of Blue Buffalo treats for JuJuBe (Juliet's nickname) and they are very small and heart-shaped. She loves them - I just hope no one posts that they are not good for her.

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
I wish someone would reply. I am looking for treats that are about the size of a pencil eraser or smaller. I give Paco treats for asking to go out, going potty and coming when called. That is a lot of treats while we are learning these behaviors. I want to make sure he is getting healthy treats along with his diet.

Right now I get Blue treats and cut them up. They are small hearts but I cut each one into 3 little pieces.
The ZP treats are small probably broken in half would make them as small as you want them

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

When i was training, i used the Fresh Pet Select the rolled kind. You can cut it into the size you need and put them in a container and keep refrigerated.
Deli Fresh | Fresh Pet Food for Dogs & Cats | Freshpet
Freshpet Select Slice and Serve (Rolled)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I got the Ziwi treats and they were the exact same size as the food. I saw no difference. We treat with Blue Buffalo (tiny hearts) and Zukes's mini treats. Mine eat ZP as their meals and love it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts