Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've ordered a sample of Ziwipeak as I might change Bella's diet. I'm a bit confused about quantity. The instructions on the packet start at a 5kg weight and Bella is 2.8kg. Shall I just roughly half the recommended quantity ? I know to gradually introduce it. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
On their website there is a calculator where you can put in the dogs weight and it will tell you the amount per day to feed. Then divide that by two meals and you're all set!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
It appears that she is 6 lb and 2.76 oz (if my conversion is right).

According to my little ZP brochure, a 3kg/6.5lb. dog would get .66 scoop daily. So half that at each meal if you feed 2x/day. Of course you would increase that if she is a puppy, pregnant or nursing.

Ashley is right, though. ZP has a handy calculator on their site that will get you closer. Once you have fed for a few weeks, assess her and adjust up or down accordingly.

Body type and metabolism are key. I have two that are an ounce or two apart and visually no one believes me. Ruby gets far more food than Hope or she quickly looks emaciated. Hope gets a bit too much and she is roly poly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts