Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so nervous. I know it's routine, but that just doesn't make it any easier. I won't rest until she's home safe and sound.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I will be thinking of you,my old Sheltie will be going in thursday for a teeth clean and extraction i always think he's too old to be going under.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michele. I'll be thinking of you and Simba too.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
l will keep Zoey in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday....it is always scary when they go under " the knife "

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. It is always so scary when they have to go under.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
It's hard not to get nervous. It's like having a child going into surgery! Try to keep yourself busy for at least the first few hours she's away! With me, once I got the phone call saying they were out of surgery doing fine, then I could take a deep breath and get anxious waiting to pick them up!;)
You will both be in my thoughts!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Cindy. That's exactly what I'm going to do. My cousin is having her yourkie done at the same time so we have plans to go swimming in my mom's pool after dropping them off. Hopefully having her with me and having something to do will help.

You are right though, it's just as bad as when my kid's have had to have minor surgeries..bah.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I'll been thinking of you 2

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
It is torturous to go through a dog be put under at every age.
And there is no better feeling in the world than having them back home and through it all.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
If she just came out of heat you really might want to consider waiting at least 6 weeks to spay her -- their bodies are engorged with blood still and hemorrhaging is a real danger until the swelling has gone down internally from the heat.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They told me three weeks and it will be three weeks to the day on thursday. Hmm..now what to do.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Hmm...I just know the LEAST my vet was willing was 4 weeks here, he's been a vet for over 40 years and he said I couldn't convince him to do it sooner than 4 weeks post heat but that 8 weeks was his preference. I thought she had JUST come out of heat, so 3 weeks is probably safe I'd guess?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As you know Kristi, I'm not completely sure as to her cycle because of the situation that she came from. I'm just going on what I see. Her vagina and anus were enlarged when I brought her home but rapidly went down in size. There was no bleeding or anything like that, that I saw. Nor any excessive licking. That would put her at three weeks from the time that I brought her home to the time of surgery to the day.

Now I'm unsure. I really just want to keep the apt. and have it done but obviously want to do what is safest for her. Sigh.

Is it normal for the anus to enlarge during a heat cycle?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My nerves are on overdrive tonight.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Thinking of you and Zoey this morning, hun. I know all will go well and she'll be back with you before you know it. :) xx

1 - 20 of 29 Posts